Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Another boring addition but I think good for a daily. Got the Cup Holder Hero kit. It's a bunch of high quality rubber inserts for every opening in the Explorer. All cup holders, door pockets, and random storage places. Got it on Amazon. It comes in a few colors but I got black.

Reactions
Another boring addition but I think good for a daily. Got the Cup Holder Hero kit. It's a bunch of high quality rubber inserts for every opening in the Explorer. All cup holders, door pockets, and random storage places. Got it on Amazon. It comes in a few colors but I got black.
I got this too the other day. Good stuff. I went with the grey highlight, sorta matches the contrast stitching I think. For the price, it’s a no brainer. Wish it came from the factory with them!

I also added LED reverse lights. Easy to replace and look great!

hbalek

Reactions
I got this too the other day. Good stuff. I went with the grey highlight, sorta matches the contrast stitching I think. For the price, it’s a no brainer. Wish it came from the factory with them!

I also added LED reverse lights. Easy to replace and look great!
I've had my cupholder hero kit since September. Recently I noticed several of them are warping from the heat and sun and underside is all greasy! It's mainly the ones in the front and rear consoles that are affected. The ones in the cupholders and doors seem to not have this problem yet. When I say they are greasy I mean they are really oily and leave a nasty spot underneath. For the price we all thought they were too good to be true and sadly from my experience they are!

Reactions
Dropped the K and N (2 days after purchase), picked up the Forgestar F14s that @pelotonracer2 had listed (7 days after purchase)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I've had my cupholder hero kit since September. Recently I noticed several of them are warping from the heat and sun and underside is all greasy! It's mainly the ones in the front and rear consoles that are affected. The ones in the cupholders and doors seem to not have this problem yet. When I say they are greasy I mean they are really oily and leave a nasty spot underneath. For the price we all thought they were too good to be true and sadly from my experience they are!
Good to know. I'll add something underneath to hopefully stop that.

Reactions
Interesting! Maybe it was a bad batch you got or something? I have the kit from the same company in my 2018 Camaro ZL1...no issues after 3.5 years. Look good as new and no issues with oils.

KegsBdry

Reactions
1625593056614.png

Going to try this device out. Will let you know how well it works.

Update: Works great! Love it. Highly recommend spending the $30 for the upgrade. Required calibration of 2mph, easy fix on the device. I display MPH & RPM

HUD (Amazon)

Last edited:
Reactions
Finally got the 22’s on!
Niche Masano’s 22x10.5 40mm offset
285/40/22 Falken ZIEX ST-Z05

305’s would be a better fit for the wheel, but I wanted the sidewall of the 40 series tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Those are some nice looking wheels. They look like they belong on the ST.

Reactions
View attachment 6677

Going to try this device out. Will let you know how well it works.

Update: Works great! Love it. Highly recommend spending the $30 for the upgrade. Required calibration of 2mph, easy fix on the device. I display MPH & RPM

HUD (Amazon)
Do you have a photo of what it looks like in place?

Reactions
Installed the less evasive hood struts. Install was quick and simple. Was trying to beat the rain that was about to start.
What do you mean by less evasive?

Reactions
Installed the less evasive hood struts. Install was quick and simple. Was trying to beat the rain that was about to start.
I bought those too but I found them to be more invasive. The Redline's you just have to drill a couple of holes and pop in a couple of rivets. The other end uses an existing bolt. I know it's under the hood, but there is a lot of cutting that has to be done to install these and I assume Ford put that weather stripping in there for a reason. I paid up to have mine done in Rapid Red and I am still working with customer service to understand why it bows the hood when it's closed, even without the struts. I don't want to cut anymore plastic out so I am going to grind down the hood brackets a little this weekend and repaint the edges since I have the touch up paint.

Staggie

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I bought those too but I found them to be more invasive. The Redline's you just have to drill a couple of holes and pop in a couple of rivets. The other end uses an existing bolt. I know it's under the hood, but there is a lot of cutting that has to be done to install these and I assume Ford put that weather stripping in there for a reason. I paid up to have mine done in Rapid Red and I am still working with customer service to understand why it bows the hood when it's closed, even without the struts. I don't want to cut anymore plastic out so I am going to grind down the hood brackets a little this weekend and repaint the edges since I have the touch up paint.
Mine didn’t bow at all once I trimmed the pieces. And I’ll prob just manufacture something to replace the foam pieces. But in the event the struts fail and for whatever reason I can’t get another strut.. I rather not have the rivets there. I can always buy a new plastic piece or find one at the junk yard.

Super G

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I went with the faux Carbon fiber door panel inserts to match the dash. I figured less glare/reflec than the aluminum ones and less chance of getting my arms burned.

Attachments

Reactions
Swapped out the chrome OEM lug nuts with black Gorilla 96643BDX lugs. Fits great, just a tad longer than OEM but IMO looks MUCH better. Also received my Weathertech cargo mat. Fits perfect!

Now if only my Whipple IC would show up.......

20210711_135942.jpg 20210711_140020.jpg 20210711_140322.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Finally received and installed the Steeda Springs. Pretty happy with the amount of drop and the ride quality. Just need the sway bar to show up.