Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
How difficult was the screen protector to install? I am super OCD ab screen protectors to the point I’ll install on my phone and if it’s not PERFECT I’ll rip it off and throw it away. I’d be afraid I’d do this with that product as well
Well, great question, I peeled it, and promptly dropped it on my garage floor and ruined it within 15 minutes of it showing up at my door step!
I reached out to OCD, and they sent another one out immediately no charge. They are bad ass.
Second go around was super easy, sub 10 minutes start to finish, lots of soapy water spray, and then toweling off. It was legit easy as can be, just don't drop it!

Reactions
I installed the Michelin Ensurance XT wiper blades last night after several months of frustration using the OE blades that left a big streak right in front of my face... been raining here for over a week and finally got fed up with it. Will drive it later today and report back.

MTR

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just bought one yesterday! New to Ford. Had 2 2011 Subaru Sti’s (Stage 3). Was driving a Grand Cherokee up until yesterday. What can you do to get that panick look from your passengers? Lol. I’m thinking the Whipple inter cooler and Borla S exhaust (videos I’ve seen/heard Borla seems to just sound better).
I bought an extended warranty and would rather have it not be void. When I sold my 2011 special edition STI with the mods and over 50,000 miles on it, the non Subaru dealership paid me more than I originally paid for it.
Any recommendations appreciated. I’m in Northern Virginia (Used Mach V for the Sti’s)...anyone in a reasonable distance that does amazing work with these?

Thanks!!
1621977587738.jpeg

Reactions
Great time. Best part was auto cross. One day event. Got to use sport, and trail modes. Soldier Hollow Field was awesome.
Auto cross was the best event for us as well. The car gets pushed to the limits and handles very well.

Reactions
I installed the Michelin Ensurance XT wiper blades last night after several months of frustration using the OE blades that left a big streak right in front of my face... been raining here for over a week and finally got fed up with it. Will drive it later today and report back.
I had the same annoyance for months and finally replaced them with RainX silicone blades. Mostly because they were the most expensive ones at the store and I like the word silicone.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Dash cam install started. Will be wrapped up once I get the right add-a-fuse for micro fuses.

Also got in the Redarc trailer brake controller. Super easy install.

Rounded out the efforts with a oil change. Mobil 1 extended performance and UPR plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeysWashingCats

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Not true.

Widebody kit
Carbon hood w/ functional scoops/airbox
AirLift Airbags
Custom interior from a coachbuilder--there is lots of plastic that needs wrapped in leather
Moar power

You are never done if your imagination is big enough
You had me at carbon hood w/ functional scoops/airbox.

I won't lie, I would love some louvres

F=MA

Reactions
Reactions
Got it back from the dealer after a double cam phaser refit. Installed the Palm Beach Dyno 91-93 tune which is awesome and a big improvement over standard and on the second drive blew a hose off for a big boost leak. Easy fix. It's just awesome to have my car back after a 2 month wait.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I'm way new to mod-ing anything, so forgive me for this question....I see a lot of folks putting sway bars up front. what does this really do? What will I notice? Does it help body roll or is that only one in the rear? TIA!

MonkeysWashingCats

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I'm way new to mod-ing anything, so forgive me for this question....I see a lot of folks putting sway bars up front. what does this really do? What will I notice? Does it help body roll or is that only one in the rear? TIA!
It reduces body roll and helps with stability in the corners and while towing. I have the Steeda bar and it is honestly the one mod I would do if I could only do one. Obviously YMMV

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Didn't do anything to the car per say, but received my OCD Plug pillar covers and Thermal R&D exhaust! Thanks to @ron@whooshmotorsports for answering my questions while awaiting shipment. Will get both installed shortly.

Reactions
Installed a Borla S type exhaust today. Exactly what I wanted. If you mash the gas you can hear it otherwise silent on the freeway.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I took a chance on some Chinese parts again. They’re stamped stainless steel and actually fit perfectly. They match the brushed finish already on the doors almost perfectly also. I did add some more 3M tape just to make sure they stay put but overall...I give them an A+ on fit and finish.

C6EA1BFA-151F-48A3-A213-25147EEB9EE1.jpeg 507AFB8C-9BB6-47EA-BBAD-4EA29558D49A.jpeg 710D8F91-183E-4798-9235-C702DD689F0B.jpeg 11E9C3A7-99E3-46E2-AC32-8BCE18B17DBC.jpeg 4ED11B32-F90B-41F3-89D1-E0882C2E6CC7.jpeg

Reactions
Dash cam install started. Will be wrapped up once I get the right add-a-fuse for micro fuses.

Also got in the Redarc trailer brake controller. Super easy install.

Rounded out the efforts with a oil change. Mobil 1 extended performance and UPR plug.

What dash cam setup did you go with?

Reactions
What dash cam setup did you go with?
I went with a BlackVue DR-590X. I have had a BlackVue in my truck for 6 years without a failure, so I figured I would stick with the brand.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Finally got the UPR door inserts thrown on. These are thick plastic and fill the recessed area to flush instead of just a thin vinyl inlay. Damn nice parts that took only a couple of minutes to install. 77B70487-4363-41EB-B5C4-990D0506852A.jpeg A7BD72CD-5A85-479B-B827-3D14CD86DF74.jpeg

Reactions
Guess wife and I are washing the ST and the Ram. How I loathe washing vehicles, it rates right up there with mowing the lawn but the quicker I get it done the sooner I can work on my new power saw head and get a handle fitted to a single bit axe head.