Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
I have searched for a thread like this on this forum. If I missed it somehow or it's in a different location then please point me in the right direction. I've been a member of several and currently a member of 5thGenRams for my Ram 1500 Limited. I have always enjoyed this type thread because it gives a single location to see what others are doing and I think it's a great way to get and share ideas. I'll start it with something simple and we'll see where it goes. I know some have already gotten a big head start, so feel welcome to post your yesterday too.
WindowTint_1.jpg
My tint guy curved the eyebrow to match the factory curve at the bottom.
WindowTint_2.jpg
Ceramic, 20%

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m out of things to do. lol

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I’m out of things to do. lol
Not true.

Widebody kit
Carbon hood w/ functional scoops/airbox
AirLift Airbags
Custom interior from a coachbuilder--there is lots of plastic that needs wrapped in leather
Moar power

You are never done if your imagination is big enough

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I meant I don’t currently have anything in hand to do...I’m waiting on parts.
I’ve had 7 national magazine features over the years...I have plenty of imagination and very poor financial skills.

Last edited:
OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
UNBROKEN, I went through your build page and that's where I have gotten some ideas from. For example, I love the removal of the rear wiper but my wife says she uses it. If it helps her see things behind her, then it stays. I appreciate the interest in this thread and this is what I think it's for. Members can play catch up for those of us new to the forum.

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Removed the front license plate holder, thankfully our state doesn't require them. Filled the painted holes with the BumperPlugs.com Iconic Silver bumper plugs. They were a little expensive at 29.99, but I figured that once I ordered the paint from AutomotiveTouchup and then painted them, then it wasn't so bad. I used the GM panel push retainers by Dorman, 963-004D for the black one. Thanks to another member for this great find. I love the way it changed the front look.
BumperPlugs.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Added the red carbon fiber start button, redid the black ST inlay, finished my adjustable swaybar endlinks and went out this morning testing and pulled a 4.03 0-60 on the Dragy.

Attachments

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Adding the start button to my list.

I've just about talked myself into the 1/4" spacers that you had gotten. I really don't like the rear wheels being so tucked up under the wheel well. If this was my truck then i would go your route with wheels and tires, but since this is the wifey's it's not a concern to her. I'm going to go back and see which ones you went with. I've been hesitant to use spacers because of the different opinions of them but you seem very knowledgeable in this area.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
For a 1/4” slip on spacer just make sure it’s billet aluminum and not cast. The hub protrudes enough that the wheel will still catch it so it maintains the hub-centric fitment. It needs to be 70.6mm center bore or larger as well.

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Added the JLT catch can to the ST today. This has been one of my first mods that I do since my 2013 F150 Platinum with the 5.0. I've seen the oil collected by the cans and I am sold on them. I chose the JLT because it looked easier to install and the other brand required drilling into the air intake tube. I didn't feel comfortable with that.
JLT_CatchCan-1.jpg
JLT_CatchCan-2.jpg

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
For a 1/4” slip on spacer just make sure it’s billet aluminum and not cast. The hub protrudes enough that the wheel will still catch it so it maintains the hub-centric fitment. It needs to be 70.6mm center bore or larger as well.
Thanks, I was just fixing to go to your build thread. Do you have the link or brand that you went with?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks, I was just fixing to go to your build thread. Do you have the link or brand that you went with?
I just grab them off eBay.

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Thanks, took a screen shot of the eBay picture from your build thread. Ordering those tomorrow.

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
^^ Factory?

OP
TNSmokee
Reactions
Thread Starter #20
Didn't think so, but was hoping. I've seen the youtube videos and may consider the tune when it gets broken in a little more.