Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Houston speed freaks wiper delete done before a road trip to Charleston. Love the look!
View attachment 22523
Did you have to cut the shaft? I had to just cut mine after spending an hour trying to pull the push nut off lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Oil change at dealer, swapped rear reverse/blinker/plate lights from some amazon crap to HSF set up.

Also replaced the drain knob on my UPR catch can, the original one worked it self lose and is on the side of the road somewhere.

Reactions
I put on some exoforma tire coating, did some cerakote on the plastic trim too.

I also added reflective nitrous blue ST badge inlays on the front and rear. Matches my Focus ST now.
hey I heard some horror stories about the cerakote ruining the plastic trim after a while, how did it work out for you?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Took my (2020 ST) to the dealer for an oil change/tire rotation and for the backup camera recall. We'll see how this latest fix works, my backup camera worked 60% of the time.

Then the SA told me I have oil seepage from the engine, he wasn't very specific and I was in a rush to get back to the office. He said they cleaned it up and noted it in the system and to just keep an eye on it, didn't look excessive or too worrisome yet. I'll have to look at the notes later.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Added Huston Speed Freaks LEDs, nice upgrade and easy change out from stock.
Can you provide a pic of the upgrades?
I’m looking to order the rear turn and license bulbs.
I was going to order the reverse lights but they are out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
hey I heard some horror stories about the cerakote ruining the plastic trim after a while, how did it work out for you?
I was told it was the "go to product" for black trim so I tried it. Three days later it rained and I had white marks everywhere I used it. I followed the directions to the letter and it didn't get wet until it rained three days later. Emailed them and they told me to use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean off anywhere there where spots and sent me a new kit. It's still in the box out in the garage! Stick with Chemical Guys VRP. It may not last as long but you won't find yourself spending hours scrubbing with a white sponge either! One more story for ya! :confused:

Reactions
After six months of waiting I finally installed my SPD downpipes. Should have waited another six months

Left side about an hour to get the cat out. Right side…3-4 hours. Others have said, the right nut on the right cat is impossible to see even lowering the subframe an inch. Fighting to get the heat shield off took at least an hour. Once the heat shield was off it was relatively simple. Installing is much easier as the spd downpipes leave much more room.

Reactions
After six months of waiting I finally installed my SPD downpipes. Should have waited another six months

Left side about an hour to get the cat out. Right side…3-4 hours. Others have said, the right nut on the right cat is impossible to see even lowering the subframe an inch. Fighting to get the heat shield off took at least an hour. Once the heat shield was off it was relatively simple. Installing is much easier as the spd downpipes leave much more room.

when changing the o2 sensors out do u have to use any kinda of thread paste or anything?

Reactions
I used copper antisieze. I reused mine as I’m only at 20k. They are not cheap. Changing them down the road will be much easier with the downpipes.