Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What channels do you all listen to on XM and any 3 yr deals out there?

Blackssr

Reactions
What channels do you all listen to on XM and any 3 yr deals out there?

My programmed favorites: 60s, 70s, 80s, Classic Vinyl, Studio 54, Billy Joe, Beatles and E-Street. I am good to go.

Jarvis

Reactions
I listen to a lot of different music, so much so that I preset all 30 of them I believe, alon g with some news channels. How about others?

92onward

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Kids bop for the kids lmao

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Being a geezer...

Channels 5 & 6 .
50s , 60s

Jim

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Being a geezer...

Channels 5 & 6 .
50s , 60s

Jim
At least it is not the 20s 30s and 40s... hahaha.

Reactions
The Highway, 70's, 80's, Classic Vinyl, Fox Sports, Family Talk, and yes Yacht Rock for about 10 minutes at a time.... but 75% the Highway, 15% Sports Talk, and the remainder whatever the mood is.

Reactions
Also I just re-up all our subscriptions once a year and get the $5.99 / month deal for like 185 channels or something like that? All I know is they carry everything I like. Ty

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
The Highway, 70's, 80's, Classic Vinyl, Fox Sports, Family Talk, and yes Yacht Rock for about 10 minutes at a time.... but 75% the Highway, 15% Sports Talk, and the remainder whatever the mood is.
The only channel I listen to loyally is Studio 54 on Saturday night when the wife and I go to Miami and South Beach. I partied at Studio when I lived in New York back in the day. I was good friends with the house DJ "Jelly Bean" Benitez and his girlfriend Madonna before she became a superstar. Steve Rubell and Ian were friends of mine. I was there the night the IRS rated the club and arrested everyone involved. That was the hottest club in the world when Disco was not taboo. I was only 16 or 17 at the time and never had to deal with "The purple rope" issue as I knew the owners and the house DJ. I just walked right in. Occasionally Studio 54 radio has Jelly Beans mixes from the Fun House as well as Studio. He was incredible to watch mix 12-in singles with ease. He even wrote the DJ Bible which had the beats per minute of every new release single of the period. The movie Saturday Night Fever and Studio defined an era.

Last edited:
Reactions
The only channel I listen to loyally is Studio 54 on Saturday night when the wife and I go to Miami and South Beach. I partied at Studio when I lived in New York back in the day. I was good friends with the house DJ "Jelly Bean" Benitez and his girlfriend Madonna before she became a superstar. Steve Rubell and Ian were friends of mine. I was there the night the IRS rated the club and arrested everyone involved. That was the hottest club in the world when Disco was not taboo. I was only 16 or 17 at the time and never had to deal with "The purple rope" issue as I knew the owners and the house DJ. I just walked right in. Occasionally Studio 54 radio has Jelly Beans mixes from the Fun House as well as Studio. He was incredible to watch mix 12-in singles with ease. He even wrote the DJ Bible which had the beats per minute of every new release single on the period. The movie Saturday Night Fever and Studio defined an era.
And I thought I had fun at 16 LOL

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
My three month trial is up in 2 weeks. The best offer I have from XM is 5 bucks a month for year but they insist on CC on file. They will not let my pay the $60 and be done with it. Then after 12 months it renews at full price and you have call and cancel or negotiate another promo. They are still Sc*mBags. I always has issues giving them a CC on file. They can just make it easy.
What deals did you all get?

Reactions
On Saturday. on my way to and from work, I listen to the 70s station: Casey Kasem and American Top 40! Takes me back to my youth. Otherwise it's 80s rock and Classic vinyl for the same reason!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Faction Punk. That’s it...

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #13
On Saturday. on my way to and from work, I listen to the 70s station: Casey Kasem and American Top 40! Takes me back to my youth. Otherwise it's 80s rock and Classic vinyl for the same reason!
I do not know if you saw this post but it may be of interest to you. I feel the same way about America top 40. Casey Kasem is a legend.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/casey-kasems-american-top-40.1402/

Last edited:
Reactions
My three month trial is up in 2 weeks. The best offer I have from XM is 5 bucks a month for year but they insist on CC on file. They will not let my pay the $60 and be done with it. Then after 12 months it renews at full price and you have call and cancel or negotiate another promo. They are still Sc*mBags. I always has issues giving them a CC on file. They can just make it easy.
What deals did you all get?
I just renewed both cars for the 5 buck deal and they let me pay in full for the year.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I just renewed both cars for the 5 buck deal and they let me pay in full for the year.
Really, was this recently, I just got off the phone with them yesterday. I wish they offered a three year deal I would just buy it and be done with it.

Last edited:
Reactions
Really, was this recently, I just got off the phone with them yesterday. I wish they offered a three year deal I was just buying and be done with it.
I just renewed this past Wednesday !

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #17
I just renewed this past Wednesday !
Thanks for the heads up, I'm calling them today again. I've got two weeks left but I really want satellite in this vehicle. My other cars I did not renew because how many cars am I going to have satellite radio in. They are my play cars not my daily commuter. The Explorer I spend the most time in driving back and forth between houses. It's an eight hour round trip.
If you send me a private message, with your cell phone I'll do a three way call and you can straighten them out for me how's that? Hahaha

Reactions
Really, was this recently, I just got off the phone with them yesterday. I wish they offered a three year deal I would just buy it and be done with it.
They dinged me $22.09 last week when my $5 a month plan was over and I called and just told them $5.00 a month or disconnect it, done, took about 2-3minutes and all 3 vehicles now are $5.00 a month with all channels we like.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #19
They dinged me $22.09 last week when my $5 a month plan was over and I called and just told them $5.00 a month or disconnect it, done, took about 2-3minutes and all 3 vehicles now are $5.00 a month with all channels we like.
Why don't they just renew at $5 a month indefinitely and stop trying to be douchebags is my point.. I don't like satellite radio and their douchebag practices. This is what I'm trying to avoid, I don't want to give them our credit card because we only have one credit card. It makes it easy to keep track of all finances. We put everything on Capital One, the wife and I, we never deal with cash. Giving XM radio that Capital One is going to come back to haunt me I know it.

Reactions
Why don't they just renew at $5 a month indefinitely and stop trying to be douchebags is my point.. I don't like satellite radio and their douchebag practices. This is what I'm trying to avoid, I don't want to give them our credit card because we only have one credit card. It makes it easy to keep track of all finances. We put everything on Capital One, the wife and I, we never deal with cash. Giving XM radio that Capital One is going to come back to haunt me I know it.
I understand, I am guessing next time that's what I will say or disconnect it... and I am sure they will comply. Have a great Sunday! Ty