Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Battery Goes In The Keyfob Of 2020 Explorer ST

Reactions
Does anyone know what type of battery goes in the 2020 ST Key fob? I know I can pop it open and find out but don't want to open and close too many times to make it all wobbly and increase lag.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
CR 2450
.....according to this quick search

Last edited:
Reactions
Also if the battery ever dies in it you can take the battery out, and put the FOB here (see video) to start your car, and then drive to wherever you need to go.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks a lot DoingOK and schaggatron.

Luckily my previous vehicles used the same CR2450 batteries so I have that as a back up in my bag which I always carry around when I take the vehicle out.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Good thread. I had assumed they were the more common 2032 or 2025. Just ordered a couple of 2450 to have on hand. The stock battery seems to last a good long while at least--my explorer was delivered 7/2019 and I have 20k miles already.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Good thread. I had assumed they were the more common 2032 or 2025. Just ordered a couple of 2450 to have on hand. The stock battery seems to last a good long while at least--my explorer was delivered 7/2019 and I have 20k miles already.
Yeah, I also feel the same way to have a couple handy, we never know.

Luckst2046

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022, Ford, Explorer, ST
I've also reprogrammed a new key fob with out taking it to the dealer and paying a Ridiculous amount.