Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What are Your "Least Favorite" Car Care Chores?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just finished washing, drying, and folding around 50 microfiber towels. What a pain in the arse! What don't you like doing for your vehicles?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Oil changes but I still do them.

Reactions
I don't like to do anything to my vehicles, I just don't get off on car care. I do what needs done but I can think of a lot better things to do then wash a vehicle that will be dirty in a couple days.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Dislike swapping in my winter wheels. The OE wheels are so heavy!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
The older I get the less I enjoy any of it, other than driving. Through my teens and twenties I did everything from engine swaps to transmission rebuilds in my backyard under a Costco canvas tent... now in my thirties--I am quite happy to pay someone to come to my house to detail it once a month and pay someone to change my oil. I do wonder if all the years of working on "old" cars burned me out on car maintenance in general...

Reactions
I love it all, including cleaning it.....I guess if I had to pick something it would be maintenance and getting gas, although I do both LOL.

Reactions
I love it all, including cleaning it.....I guess if I had to pick something it would be maintenance and getting gas, although I do both LOL.
Same here except I enjoy doing maintenance too.. the thing I dislike the most is bringing any of our cars to the dealer for repairs/warranty items. Don’t trust those guys for the most part and that’s one reason why I do my own maintenance.