Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

what are the odds of me actually getting to order this?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Why would they laugh you away? I ordered mine in late October. Scheduled for arrival between March 1st and 10th.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
Thread Starter #3
so about a 6 month wait?

I know the chip shortage has slowed things down, what are the things to avoid to get it sooner?

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
so about a 6 month wait?

I know the chip shortage has slowed things down, what are the things to avoid to get it sooner?
I was told when I ordered that the only option that might hold up the build was a moonroof - didn't want one anyway.

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I was told when I ordered that the only option that might hold up the build was a moonroof - didn't want one anyway.
Why people want to pay 1500 dollars for something that will leak on their vehicle is beyond me.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
here's one local to me, but doesn't have:
  1. ST Appearance Package - not easy to add later
  2. Premium Technology Package - what's the difference between "Technology Package" and "Premium Technology Package"? I think multicontour seats is it?
  3. Active Park Assist - maybe not a dealbreaker, but for $355 it would be interesting to try
still has the dumb SecuriCode which I'd really not use at all, haven't used it once on my Raptor or Focus ST

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/explorer/details/1FM5K8GC4PGA37337?zipcode=95630&year=2023&ownerPACode=07749&intcmp=fv-fbc-sum-cta-si-2023|Ford|Explorer|US&Radius=20&modeltrim=Explorer_F27-ST&ExteriorColor=C8&Engine=3_0l_ecoboost_v6&WheelSize=21&Drive=4WD&Order=Distance&fromPopularBuild=false

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
  2. Premium Technology Package - what's the difference between "Technology Package" and "Premium Technology Package"? I think multicontour seats is it?
  3. Active Park Assist - maybe not a dealbreaker, but for $355 it would be interesting to try
still has the dumb SecuriCode which I'd really not use at all, haven't used it once on my Raptor or Focus ST

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/explorer/details/1FM5K8GC4PGA37337?zipcode=95630&year=2023&ownerPACode=07749&intcmp=fv-fbc-sum-cta-si-2023|Ford|Explorer|US&Radius=20&modeltrim=Explorer_F27-ST&ExteriorColor=C8&Engine=3_0l_ecoboost_v6&WheelSize=21&Drive=4WD&Order=Distance&fromPopularBuild=false
I'm still puttering around in my 2007 Eddie B (rollin deep) and SecuriCode is probably the most used feature for me. Not sure I could live without it at this point.

When I placed my order, the dealership showed two tech packages available whereas Ford's online system only showed the premium package. I opted for the standard tech package which included everything from the premium package minus the multi-contour massaging seats.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I'm still puttering around in my 2007 Eddie B (rollin deep) and SecuriCode is probably the most used feature for me. Not sure I could live without it at this point.

When I placed my order, the dealership showed two tech packages available whereas Ford's online system only showed the premium package. I opted for the standard tech package which included everything from the premium package minus the multi-contour massaging seats.
that makes sense in an '07, you can't lock/unlock your '07 with your phone or use automatic door handles to unlock when your key is in your pocket ;)

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Agreed. The fact that I can toss the keys inside and walk away is what makes it so great to me.

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Active park assist is janky at best.

The appearance package is strictly red and blue stitching and IMO not worth 600 bucks.

The technology package is the larger screen and 10 speaker system.

The premium includes the above and massaging seats. They were not available at the time I ordered and still aren't to my knowledge.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
so premium tech package is really the big delay item

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
It is a delay but as someone else said you'll get it faster without the moonroof as well.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
yeah, gotta have the moonroof - wife's request... we've had in both our Focus ST and Raptor with zero issues

drdroo

Reactions
Vehicle
NA
Premium Tech is Tech Package + Massage seats. I was told Premium Tech was 'in commodity hold' and the dealer couldn't even place the order. I switched to the regular tech package and the order is in unscheduled/clean status. Moonroof wasn't an issue. No idea when they may actually build or deliver it, but it was ordered within the last few weeks.

Last edited:
OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
yeah, we picked up off the lot, had everything sans the premium tech package...

Kjack

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
so about a 6 month wait?

I ordered mine 1/23/23, it went in to production 3/20/23 and has a window sticker. Still “in production” according to the site. My build has all options except the rear entertainment and my “premium tech pack” was bounced to the regular tech pack” so no massage.