Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What are the next steps after ordering at the dealership?

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Hello all. I placed an order at the dealership on 3/11/24. On 3/18/24, the sales manager sent me some sort of order summary, showing the vehicle I ordered, the options I chose and the price. I’ve read that some people have received email confirmation from Ford after placing their order. Is this normal? I know at some point a vin will be available. What are the steps that you’ve experienced when placing your orders.

UGADawg96

Reactions
Vehicle
F150
You should get updates in your ford account.

1712568954957.png

OP
Fly Ty

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
You should get updates in your ford account.

View attachment 22563
Ok thanks. I created the Ford account on my own so I’m not sure if it’s connected to the order I placed at the dealership. For now it doesn’t show me anything but maybe because it’s too soon.

Jamo

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Happy to report that I got my VIN and estimated build date of June 10th. So here is hoping that is actually the case and it doesn't get super delayed.

OP
Fly Ty

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Happy to report that I got my VIN and estimated build date of June 10th. So here is hoping that is actually the case and it doesn't get super delayed.
Nice, congratulations! Did the dealership call you with the VIN or did you get an email from Ford? I’ve heard people say both things. Also, when did you place your order?

Reactions
If a VIN number is not available yet, you won't hear anything from Ford or the dealer. You just wait and check from time to time. I ordered a new 25' ST the day ordering opened up a few weeks ago and there are no updates available until a VIN for your vehicle becomes available.

OP
Fly Ty

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
If a VIN number is not available yet, you won't hear anything from Ford or the dealer. You just wait and check from time to time. I ordered a new 25' ST the day ordering opened up a few weeks ago and there are no updates available until a VIN for your vehicle becomes available.
I was asking how he received his vin. From the dealership or Ford. I know there’s nothing you can do without the vin. I ordered my 25 ST on 3/11.

Jamo

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Nice, congratulations! Did the dealership call you with the VIN or did you get an email from Ford? I’ve heard people say both things. Also, when did you place your order?
My sales guy called me (dealer). I worked with him on my last st order and has been awesome.

OP
Fly Ty

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
My sales guy called me (dealer). I worked with him on my last st order and has been awesome.
Nice! Hopefully I’ll hear something soon.

OP
Fly Ty

Fly Ty

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
I contacted the dealership and received my VIN yesterday. Build date of 6/24. Ordered on 3/11.