Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Water Spots on wheel

Jscb23

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have not found anything to remove the water spots yet. Does anyone have any brands they use that work? 20221026_172457.jpg

Reactions
You should try the Chemical Guys heavy duty water spot remover. That said depending on how long those spots have been there they may have etched in to the clear coat and need a more aggressive process to remove.

Reactions
By the looks of the rims and hubs, that's not only water spots but a build up of dirt that's ground in or burnt in. I would suggest Diablo Gel wheel cleaner from Chemical Guys along with wheel woolies brushes. It'll probably take more than one time to get those wheels back to black. My 22 ST was delivered with the hubs looking like yours. I ended up getting them pristine after 3 times of washing and using the Diable Gel and wheel woollies (make sure you use good microfiber type wheel woollies, otherwise you have scratches). After I got the wheels pristine, I polished them and ceramic coated.

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Treat them like the paint on your car. Clean and clay bar. Next use Meguiar's 105 Ultra Cut then 205 Ultra Finishing Polish to get the spots off. After that ceramic coat it to help keep the spots off. Looks like you are parked near a lawn sprinkler to make all of those deposits on your wheels.

OP
J

Jscb23

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
I will try all and report back. Thanks for the tips

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I had that problem, but got them ceramic coated and it took care of the problem.