Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

WARNING !!!

STMAN

Reactions
Do not drive your Explorer at high speeds with your moonroof open!
Lost my wind deflector the other day.
Thank God there's no damage to my roof

Attachments

OP
STMAN

STMAN

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Two mounting hooks are gone!!!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
That's insane, thanks for the headsup.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
What’s “high speeds”?

OP
STMAN

STMAN

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
90+

Reactions
90mph isn't that much. They should put a disclaimer in the manual if they feel it flies off at speeds above 85mph lol.

hbalek

Reactions
My 2013 MKZ with the panoramic roof would automatically close halfway at speeds above 50 mph but then you could re-open it all the way if you chose to. It had a huge deflector but I never drove over 90 mph with the glass roof open. The roof mechanism did start to make a loud grinding noise at 4 years old. It was under ESP and took my dealer over a month to fix it.

This Explorer is really made so flimsy in so many ways! It's a good thing I don't have kids or dogs to abuse it further than my fat ass will. I also don't need to tow or go off-road so I can only imagine the long term effects of those uses! Random parts will just start to fall off or fail after a few years... Yikes!

Last edited:
Reactions
Dang, looks like a couple of the clips are broken up front too. Keep us posted on how the dealer is handling this.

Reactions
Thanks for the heads up!!!

Reactions
Time to RTV bead the rest of it to the front so those clips don't break.

Reactions
It happened to mine also, I was not moving at all. When opening the roof while still on my driveway, the drivers side metal attachment to the windscreen detached and flew off to the rear of the car. Unacceptable!! I've had this car less than 7 weeks, less than 1000 miles on it. The dealer will repair it, with the same poor quality components I'm sure.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Couple questions. Has anyone considered the aftermarket visor and secondly, would the original windscreen be needed if you had the aftermarket visor/wind deflector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Oh... there’s a sunroof?