Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wait for 2021 or buy leftover 2020?

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello all, I will be in the market for a bigger vehicle and have my eye on the Explorer ST. I read that the 2021 will have a lower MSRP. I currently own a 2018 focus st and need more room. Besides the roof rack delete and black trim interior pieces are there any other differences? I see many 2020 vehicles for about $48-51 for sale around my area. Do you think dealers and Ford would discount them even more near the new model years?

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I would imagine it isn't likely they will discount them much if there is already reduced MSRP's coming. It may work in your favor to buy a 2020 after the 2021 comes out though

OP
V3nom3nom

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
^^ thanks, now to decide which color to look for. I am leaning towards the red or copper with street package (love the black wheels)

KegsBdry

Reactions
This is my FIRST all Black vehicle. Damn it’s gorgeous. I can’t help but be bias.

You should look into what kind of COVID deals are out there. I got my at the beginning of Covid for $47K out the door (Used with 8K miles on it). There are deals to be made but who knows since USED car prices have skyrocketed lately.

If you are willing to wait until 2021, you may want to consider the HYBRID version (should have more HP than the ST).

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
They’re a offering pretty solid stack of discounts on them right now. My company has something that goes through True Car and has dealers email you there best offers. Mine sticker’d at roughly 61k w/ options, tint, etc, and most dealers were down around 52-53k plus TTL

Reactions
Mine was discounted almost $10k about a month ago...

Reactions
Despite the lowered MSRP on the '21, you can really get a good deal on a '20 right now, but don't wait too long as the stock is depleting at least in my area. I got a demo for just under 49k that had a sticker of 61k (had all of the options including the headrest entertainment pkg.) I never considered the iconic silver when looking online but man, it really popped when I saw it in person. Great contrast!

Reactions
I just purchased a 20. I had been looking at 5 specific in my color and options and they all sold since monday so yes they are gong fast. About 8k off window plus zero APR and they dealer traded for it.

Reactions
I just purchased a 20. I had been looking at 5 specific in my color and options and they all sold since monday so yes they are gong fast. About 8k off window plus zero APR and they dealer traded for it.
You can definitely do better than that deal.

My deal was $10,250 off of MSRP + 0% APR for 72 months + no payments for 90 days

7 miles on the ST at the time of purchase.

Reactions
You can definitely do better than that deal.

My deal was $10,250 off of MSRP + 0% APR for 72 months + no payments for 90 days

7 miles on the ST at the time of purchase.
Not in CA, and no trade in. I wanted specific options and it was either pay up a little for those in the color i wanted or settle. Had to have the second row bench and those are the one's everyone wants, and there are none left with premium tech and street pack. Looked at shipping from out of state but with the hassle of smogging a brand new car and doing DMV in a covid world it wasn't worth it. If you take the financing you only get 4k Ford Money,there
's about 2200.00 at window and 1600.00 in hold back, many dealers out here are content to hold gross as they can play the 20's off the 21's already in inventory. I did find an 9/20 build and that was equally important to price for obvious reasons.

Last edited: