Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Very rough render of what i hope a would be Explorer R would look like.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Mainly a more aggressive stance, wider track, larger air ducts, aggressive hood and headlights, chin spoiler. Obvious performance upgrades like brakes a build 10r80, possibly a revised ecoboost or a new small displacement biturbo v8, By all means, I am not tech savvy or have any experience doing renders. I did this in an hour messing around on my iPad and though it looked kinda sharp. Hope someone likes it as much as i did! Untitled_Artwork (5).jpg

Badst

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st iconic silver
Looks very good and realistic to something Ford Would DO , "NICE"

Badst

Reactions
Vehicle
Looks very good and realistic to something Ford Would DO , "NICE"
Also , Ford should build a explorer st R with either the gt 500 engine 700+ hp or the 5.0 coyote @ 470-500hp ,price it under the trackhawk & Durango hellcat. They wouldn't be able to keep up with demand . Your styling is right on, close to our style 20-23 ,would kept our resale values up and help Ford. It shouldn't be to extreme from our design, also when the new revise explorer comes out Chinese design model, st should look like ours and have differentiation of design .

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Mainly a more aggressive stance, wider track, larger air ducts, aggressive hood and headlights, chin spoiler.
Okay, I had to see the side-by-side diff. Now I get it!

Some type of functional hood scoop would be nice too.

Project0a.jpg

Badst

Reactions
Vehicle
Some after market body manufacturer, should build a new front facia bumper , like your design many of us would be interested in it. It's a nice aggressive look without being to boy racer or over the top

jefferylay

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST
That's wicked!

Zim

Reactions
Ford won’t do anything crazy like a 700 HP Explorer. They’re not that cool.

Reactions
I do hope Ford sees the success of the ST and decides to build an R with bigger turbos and 6-piston brakes!

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Ford won’t do anything crazy like a 700 HP Explorer. They’re not that cool.
I'd be happy with 550 hp and factory brembo brakes and magnaride like the mustang has.

Last edited:

DeliciousCornbread

U.S. Army Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Frankly even with the 3.5 Ecoboost High Output from the Raptor (450 hp & 510 lb/ft) would be a good starting point and it's already in the parts bin. They make what, like 525 hp & 600 lb/ft on a 93 Octane tune or something like that?

If we are making a fun wish list:

-Brembos/6-Piston Brakes
-10r80 transmission
-Magnetic Ride
-Active Exhaust
-Improved cooling
-HUD