Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Upper O2 Sensor Failure

thompsdw

Reactions
Our 21 explorer ST has a upper 02 sensor that has failed. The service manager told my wife that this will continue to happen unless we use premium fuel. We currently fuel exclusively with ethanol free gas running 88 octane. Is what he saying true at all? I don't think so based on the fuel requirements in the owners manual, but though I would ask here first.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
You need a different Service Manager. This simply isn't true.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Our 21 explorer ST has a upper 02 sensor that has failed. The service manager told my wife that this will continue to happen unless we use premium fuel. We currently fuel exclusively with ethanol free gas running 88 octane. Is what he saying true at all? I don't think so based on the fuel requirements in the owners manual, but though I would ask here first.
What??? No. The owners manual says 87 octane is fine.

OP
T

thompsdw

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
That is what I thought. It's interesting how frequently that position is turning over in dealerships. At least the ones here.