Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Upgraded ST Wheel Caps & Steering Wheel Logo

Reactions
I like the look over the stock Ford ones

20201005_161534.jpg 20201005_161534.jpg 20201005_161512.jpg Screenshot_20201005-163355_Amazon Shopping.jpg 20201005_162840.jpg

Reactions
Where did you get that Steering wheel logo, and do you have a link for it? ;)

Reactions
@schaggatron yeah, I just ordered the front and rear logos from the same person on etsy, but rather than black on black he's doing black with red oval and red "Ford". For the $$ it's worth the gamble.

Reactions
OP
smithero
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Did you notice the ST caps not fitting as tight as the originals? Mine definitely don’t - and there are negative posts on Amazon for the same issue. Did anyone silicone them in or find a solution for a more secure install?
No not at all, these snapped right in perfectly. Fit nice and snug.

Reactions
FWIW, these caps do not fit as they should. They're so loose that one fell out before I could get the wheel back on the car.
Strange thing is the back of the cap has a Ford emblem and P/N so someone must have bought a bunch for another wheel and put ST logos on them. 6M211003AA and made in Germany.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GLVNBRJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reactions
FWIW, these caps do not fit as they should. They're so loose that one fell out before I could get the wheel back on the car.
Strange thing is the back of the cap has a Ford emblem and P/N so someone must have bought a bunch for another wheel and put ST logos on them. 6M211003AA and made in Germany.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GLVNBRJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I’m not positive about this but some have ordered 54 mm and I believe they are 56 mm. I had measured mine before I went with new wheels and I thought I measured 56 mm. Just trying to help. By the way there are 54 mm ST caps out there fore different ST models such as the focus.

Reactions
Yeah I ordered the same ones from Amazon. Def too small - they slide around in the hub and can be pried out w a fingernail. Probably gonna put a touch of silicone on each tab - more secure but not permanent. Many Amazon reviews say the red ST fades in a matter of months. So not counting on them lasting forever. If there’s a link to a larger diameter version, please post!

Sch0227

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I ordered the same ones on Amazon, two fit perfect, one fit okay, one fit like crap and fell out... so maybe buy 8 of them....

Reactions
That’s funny. Not sure why I was surprised by a quality issue from a knock-off $4 plastic wheel cap from Amazon. LOL

Reactions
Just to clarify, as I posted previously about this. They are OEM Ford caps with a knock-off logo, just not meant for this vehicle. Unfortunately, Amazon lists them as fitting the Explorer. They're 54mm and probably need to be 56mm. A couple of rounds of electrical tape would keep them in just fine. But then you still have to deal with the fading red. Sigh...

Reactions
Just to clarify, as I posted previously about this. They are OEM Ford caps with a knock-off logo, just not meant for this vehicle. Unfortunately, Amazon lists them as fitting the Explorer. They're 54mm and probably need to be 56mm. A couple of rounds of electrical tape would keep them in just fine. But then you still have to deal with the fading red. Sigh...
Good call on the tape - and maybe a spray of clearcoat on the logos would slow the fading?