Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tuxmat vs 3dMaxpider vs Weathertech

Sarge101st

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Call it like it is. I've owned all 3 brands on different vehicles. Had the weathertech's back in the day on a Lincoln Continental. They were okay but too generic looking. Had multiples of the 3dMaxpider and had it the most recently on a 2020 Chrysler Pacifica. I had Tuxmats on my Genesis though and they were far and away the best looking. Also a bit more comfy too with the padding. What are ST owners' thoughts if anyone has had both? Should I get the Tuxmats, 3d's, or WT's?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have tux on three rows and husky on the cargo+seat back.

No experience with others, but I will vote for tux based on the experience so far with two vehicles.

But need to say, I saw somewhere in this forum, another brand with better coverage for the third row alone. Can't remember which and where.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I went Weathertech on my ST before I even knew about Tuxmats. Bought a full set of the tuxmats for my wife's suburban and imo they are better fit and finish is by far better. Probably will switch over at some point and buy a full set for the ST.

OP
Sarge101st

Sarge101st

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Yeah I think I'm going Tuxmat

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I really like the look of my 3dMaxpider floor mats, but on the driver's side the two hold downs wore out after a few months and now the mat will move around some.

OP
Sarge101st

Sarge101st

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I really like the look of my 3dMaxpider floor mats, but on the driver's side the two hold downs wore out after a few months and now the mat will move around some.
That's good to know. It's the little things like that which can ruin an entire product experience.

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I saw somewhere in this forum, another brand with better coverage for the third row alone. Can't remember which and where.
Found it.

Yes, it's covers more carpet than tux in the third row.

Tux still wins for looks and feel. Also for coverage in the front two rows.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
I will be going w/ 3dMaxpider.

Last edited:

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
That's good to know. It's the little things like that which can ruin an entire product experience.
Just an update that this mat was replaced easily under warranty even though I had bought them from another vendor that went out of business. I only needed the driver's side replaced, but they sent both sides even though I could not produce a receipt, which I would have gotten from where I had bought them from, but website was gone.