Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tuned in Sport Mode Only?

LowBoost

Reactions
Is it possible for a ZFG or other tune to be made for sport mode only? I figured it would be cool to be able to drive around stock and have the option to get all performance in sport mode. I figured this would be easier on MPG and overall daily usage.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't think so. You can modify some things with the different modes but the underlying tune applies for all.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Is it possible for a ZFG or other tune to be made for sport mode only? I figured it would be cool to be able to drive around stock and have the option to get all performance in sport mode. I figured this would be easier on MPG and overall daily usage.
Can't do a tune for sport mode only, but a tune by itself (done correctly) won't impact MPG or driveability. If you're not putting your foot in it or the tune doesn't drastically affect throttle response there's nothing to be concerned with.

Explorer ST Posts