Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tune caused P0035 and P2418 codes

OP
N

NKestly

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #21
It's probably the Cobb tune. There are differences in stock tunes depending on your vehicle. Most tuners will take your stock calibration and apply their changes. Even my Livernois canned tunes are given to me based on what my stock calibration is. Does Cobb do the same?
I think they just have a general OTS tune for all ST’s. This is exactly what I told the lady that answered their support line the first time and I got a very general response of “uninstall the tune and drive for a week to see if the codes come back”. They didn’t. Then I loaded the tune and the codes popped immediately. Goose tunes told me there is something wrong with my car and the higher boost levels could cause that with the tune. But I didn’t pass 3-4 psi of boost before the codes came back. It has to be the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

NKestly

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #22
My guess is that they developed their tune on a 2020 ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Do you happen to have an intake on your car? Some folks, myself included, ran into EVAP-related CELs with aftermarket intakes.

OP
N

NKestly

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #24
Do you happen to have an intake on your car? Some folks, myself included, ran into EVAP-related CELs with aftermarket intakes.
Completely stock

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Completely stock

OK well that helps narrow it down. You could also try going with Tunes Plus if Goose won't continue.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
COBB does not have the ability to turn off emissions related codes. There is no checkbox/option to even do so.

The bov code I can fix as that’s unrelated to emissions.

Do me a favor, send me a log of the car with the “stage 0” tune flashed to the car.

OP
N

NKestly

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #27
COBB does not have the ability to turn off emissions related codes. There is no checkbox/option to even do so.

The bov code I can fix as that’s unrelated to emissions.

Do me a favor, send me a log of the car with the “stage 0” tune flashed to the car.
Any specific type of driving you would like in the log?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
What you sent me is perfect