Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FND Trailer Hitch Cover

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
I want to buy a trailer hitch cover. I know you can get them new from Zeus, Lethal, steeds, and it all comes back to Zeus, lol. Just trying to save a little coin. Preferably black textured or a white painted. I know it's hard to find a used one. If willing to ship I'll pay shipping to FL

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #3
Hey, No it's more of a cover that takes up that whole area. But thank you anyways.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I looked at those the other day .wholly cow
You would think ford has one like on the expeditions and navigators
Pop it on,until you need the hitch
But 300 plus. Hmm

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #5
Yeah and after taxes it's close to 500. That's a lot for that piece lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Zeus and Optimuz are the big players with the complete hitch covers. I bought the Optimuz flush style and the experience was not good, so I returned it.

Now, I just have a hitch receiver insert and it is fine.

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #7
Zeus and Optimuz are the big players with the complete hitch covers. I bought the Optimuz flush style and the experience was not good, so I returned it.

Now, I just have a hitch receiver insert and it is fine.
Oh man. I pulled the trigger on the Optimus one and I got the no ST logo. What was your experience? After I ordered it I was like damm I should have went with Zeus. They look better imo. I spent about 400 on Optimus. They let you return it for a full refund?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Oh man. I pulled the trigger on the Optimus one and I got the no ST logo. What was your experience? After I ordered it I was like damm I should have went with Zeus. They look better imo. I spent about 400 on Optimus. They let you return it for a full refund?
When I got it, I went over install instructions and began trying to put it in. To my surprise, it was later determined by Optimus that the unit was damaged. I had trouble installing as the wing nuts and bolts were not securing the unit. In addition, it was an extremely tight fit, which led to scratches on my bumper (textured portion near the hitch area). They allowed me to return the unit and I sent it back.

Overall, I probably won't buy an actual cover again, mainly due to the cost.

Good luck man! I hope things come out well for you.

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ford explorer st
Thread Starter #9
When I got it, I went over install instructions and began trying to put it in. To my surprise, it was later determined by Optimus that the unit was damaged. I had trouble installing as the wing nuts and bolts were not securing the unit. In addition, it was an extremely tight fit, which led to scratches on my bumper (textured portion near the hitch area). They allowed me to return the unit and I sent it back.

Overall, I probably won't buy an actual cover again, mainly due to the cost.

Good luck man! I hope things come out well for you.
Thanks man. Well I'm glad you got your money back atleast.