Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tossing around idea of trading in our '23 ST?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
We had a '19 Stealth (pictured next to the ST in attached photo). Traded that a year ago when we thought we wanted to downsize to a '23 Explorer ST. The ST is fun to drive, but we found that we miss the size of the Expedition. Last week, our dealer needed to replace a tire due to a screw in the sidewall, needless to say they really scratched the wheel up. Dealer will take care of it, but also knows we are looking to upgrade back to an Expedition. He had already ordered exactly what we had but in a '24 with the 303A package earlier in the week and is willing to give us a great deal on it if we choose not to have the wheel on the ST replaced. It would be here in approx 3 months. I was hoping to wait until the 25's Expeditions were out, but not sure I can pass up on this deal. I like the idea of the Sync4a with having that in my '21 F150 and the larger screen too. Hindsight is 20/20 and should have never traded the '19 as we really liked that one! image0.jpeg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd personally wait for the 2025's. It is supposed to have the google infotainment. Sync 4 may be an improvement on Sync3 but that's not saying much.

OP
ib_jigged
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I'd personally wait for the 2025's. It is supposed to have the google infotainment. Sync 4 may be an improvement on Sync3 but that's not saying much.
Pretty sure I won't get even close to the same deal on the '25 Expedition, but I know what you mean. So far the Sync 4 in my F150 is the best version of sync I have used.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
It sounds like you have already made up your mind.

OP
ib_jigged
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
It sounds like you have already made up your mind.
Most likely have. We do miss the larger size when on the highways. Dealer has made an offer that would be hard to beat after only having the ST for a year.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Trade t now before further depreciation. Get everything in writing