Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Took the Plunge

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Carbonized Gray Explorer ST
I've had an Explorer Sport for nearly 11 years. Bought ol Red in December 2012 when Ford first put the 3.5 boost into the Explorer. Loved that car since day one and never had a single mechanical or electrical problem. She's tired to the tune of 160K miles though, so I'm handing the keys to my son.

I've been researching and looking at the Explorer ST for several months. My lurking here was a huge help. My quarry was a loaded ST in Silver, Infinite Blue, or grey without a sunroof or roof rails - a bit of a unicorn. I actually found a new 2022 but the dealer wouldn't deal, even with a year old "new" car. The '20 and '21 models appear to have more features than the late 2022 and '23 models so I focused on finding a low-mileage '20 or '21. Luckily this popped up not far away and I jumped on it. Special order 2021, 18K miles, Premium tech, ST High Performance Pack, no sunroof and no roof rails in carbonized gray.

70086547416__0EBFF7D9-F73C-4645-8E13-9ABD10E072C8.jpg

Planning on a Whipple IC, Cat-back, catch can, maybe a tune eventually. Also think a set of Variant Krypton wheels in Super Black Chrome would look stunning with the grey.

Her name will be Misty Knight and her stable mate is Tempest Storm
IMG_0823 (2).jpg

I've also got a pretty low mileage e34 BMW and a 1970 F250 camper special with 1971 slide in truck camper in my "toy box". Also recently brought a 2003 John Deere x475 utility tractor back to life and fitted a Little Buck front-end loader to it so anything mechanical holds my interest. Looking forward to some fun with the new ride and maybe meeting up for some events in the Austin/Central Texas area.

Cheers,
Barry

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Welcome to the forum, I also have a '21 Carbonized Gray and we love it! That Mustang is incredible!!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I've had an Explorer Sport for nearly 11 years. Bought ol Red in December 2012 when Ford first put the 3.5 boost into the Explorer. Loved that car since day one and never had a single mechanical or electrical problem. She's tired to the tune of 160K miles though, so I'm handing the keys to my son.

I've been researching and looking at the Explorer ST for several months. My lurking here was a huge help. My quarry was a loaded ST in Silver, Infinite Blue, or grey without a sunroof or roof rails - a bit of a unicorn. I actually found a new 2022 but the dealer wouldn't deal, even with a year old "new" car. The '20 and '21 models appear to have more features than the late 2022 and '23 models so I focused on finding a low-mileage '20 or '21. Luckily this popped up not far away and I jumped on it. Special order 2021, 18K miles, Premium tech, ST High Performance Pack, no sunroof and no roof rails in carbonized gray.

View attachment 17038

Planning on a Whipple IC, Cat-back, catch can, maybe a tune eventually. Also think a set of Variant Krypton wheels in Super Black Chrome would look stunning with the grey.

View attachment 17039

I've also got a pretty low mileage e34 BMW and a 1970 F250 camper special with 1971 slide in truck camper in my "toy box". Also recently brought a 2003 John Deere x475 utility tractor back to life and fitted a Little Buck front-end loader to it so anything mechanical holds my interest. Looking forward to some fun with the new ride and maybe meeting up for some events in the Austin/Central Texas area.

Cheers,
Barry
Welcome to the forum

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congrats on the purchase, and welcome. My ST is the exact build and color as yours.

OP
ChasBG
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Carbonized Gray Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Thanks all! I've got my first gremlin. Two doors on drivers side don't lock or unlock with the touch sensor. Both passenger side doors work fine. Have not driven the car much yet but looking forward to a little roadtrip this weekend.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

View attachment 17038

View attachment 17039

Cheers,
Barry
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Explorer ST Posts