Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

To trade up to a 22 or not.......that is the question.

20 Red ST

Reactions
I am trying to decide whether to take advantage of the high trade in value on my 20 ST to get a 22.
Pros.. new vehicle with less than 10 grand difference.
Cons They seem to keep making these things with less options. not crazy about the black wheels that you have to have to get the 601A option package.
What are your thoughts and why?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
My thoughts are that the black wheels on these vehicles are beautiful. ;) Seriously though, it's a very personal decision concerning one's finances and how one views debt. I'm old school and believe that a paid-for Explorer in the hand is worth more than an Explorer that I own money on still in the bush. If you're in a position to pay the new one off then by all means this is the time to get the high trade-in value dollars. That may not be available next year.

OP

20 Red ST

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I usually keep my vehicles around awhile. [ Still have the black turbo coupe I bought new in '83].
I was all set to pull the trigger and order a 22 just like my 20 until I started reading the info about what has been removed.
It sure has been a couple of trying years!!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
if you keep your cars awhile, just be aware you'll get a 3 bolt subframe and a pandemic build--meaning who knows if that's better than a first year build.

OP

20 Red ST

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I wasn’t aware of that rear suspension change. I will read up on it. Thanks for the heads up!!!