Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tirerack mobile installation

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Recently, my favorite tire place that was super close closed up shop. I was lamenting the options that I had left and it wasn't good. Then I was looking at the tire options for our ST and up popped a new service offered by Tirerack, local mobile installation by ASAP (a Tirerack company) that comes to you! It costs a reasonable $25/tire. There are a lot of cities that this service is available in too. Far and away, Tirerack has the best choices in tires compared to what I get locally. They even handle the delivery of the tires and bring it to you for install. The major downside is that roadforce balancing is not available apparently.

https://www.tirerack.com/installer/asap-mobile-tire-installation.jsp?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9_mDBhCGARIsAN3PaFNvmsvM9qGuBsEG3PLIjUshyAQtzY5ZUyV5v8W-8iIOb0qAI67iSFIaAhXHEALw_wcB&ef_id=Cj0KCQjw9_mDBhCGARIsAN3PaFNvmsvM9qGuBsEG3PLIjUshyAQtzY5ZUyV5v8W-8iIOb0qAI67iSFIaAhXHEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!3756!3!468858412261!e!!g!!tire rack mobile installer&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reactions
I had new tires from Tire Rack mounted and balanced on my 98 Ranger in my driveway. They dismounted my old tires and mounted the new ones took the old tires away, well worth the $25 per tire. Total time 1.25 hours.

OP
C

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Had this mobile service done today. Got 275/45R-21 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4 on the stock 21" rims. The tires were shipped from Tirerack to their mobile installer (ASAP) and you just need to schedule an appointment online after purchase. Basically, you can pick AM or PM and appointments started about 5 days or so from purchase date. Today was raining so the tech asked if he could use my garage. Took about an hour and a half. Although they don't offer Hunter roadforce balancing, it is a Hunter SmartWeight wheel balancer
They used black wheel weights on my black rims which I thought was nice attention to detail. Very impressed and saved me a ton of hassle. I would definitely recommend the service if they are in your area.

Last edited: