Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tire wear on the inside of my front tires

Reactions
Tires are worn to the belts on the inside of my front tires only. I have stock 21" wheels and Steeda lowering springs. Do I have a camber issue?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Could be negative camber or toe out. Did you have the alignment checked after the springs were installed?

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Tires are worn to the belts on the inside of my front tires only. I have stock 21" wheels and Steeda lowering springs. Do I have a camber issue?
Yah you'll need an alignment.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Almost certainly it’s a toe-out problem. You must run a lot of negative camber to actually wear the tire excessively. About -1deg front camber is perfect for a street car. Zero to 1/8” total toe-in is good too. Alignment shops just get it in the “green” which has a huge tolerance. Specify exactly what you want so they have the correct target.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I'm afraid the last shop that aligned it when I put the new tires on screwed it up. These tires only have 12k miles on them so I'm pretty pissed to have to go out and spend another $1700 on tires so quickly.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I'm afraid the last shop that aligned it when I put the new tires on screwed it up. These tires only have 12k miles on them so I'm pretty pissed to have to go out and spend another $1700 on tires so quickly.
You need to take it back to that shop then and ask for them to realign and pay for the new tires.