Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Tire Pressure Monitor fault

Reactions
Anybody getting this warning intermittently on dash, but tires are at proper pressure?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yes. One of my tires sensors keeps going out and coming back on. Usually after rolling for 30 minutes. I need to take it in for Ford to look at it.

MyTMerc

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Mine started about a week ago off and on. Haven't had time to get it checked yet. Tire pressures are all good.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Faults lasted form about 2 weeks but then corrected itself. It was only the rear drivers side tire that would go into fault.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Mine started about a week ago off and on. Haven't had time to get it checked yet. Tire pressures are all good.
Faults lasted form about 2 weeks but then corrected itself. It was only the rear drivers side tire that would go into fault.
My Tire Pressure Monitor Fault just when off and tire pressure is good. Anyone on this post have a fix or take it to Ford? Mine only has 8500 miles on it.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
What does your screen show? Hadn't thought about this until and I'm not aware that this is the case but do the spares on these vehicles have TPMS on them?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I was wondering the same gearhead. My wife's wrangler has TPMS in the spare. Full size KO2, but still the spare. Before I did a 5 tire rotation, in the winter, she would get a TPMS light.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
What does your screen show? Hadn't thought about this until and I'm not aware that this is the case but do the spares on these vehicles have TPMS on them?
The alert is for the right rear tire. BTW, the fault disappeared after my vehicle sat for an hour.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My Tire Pressure Monitor Fault just when off and tire pressure is good. Anyone on this post have a fix or take it to Ford? Mine only has 8500 miles on it.
I did take mine in and they replaced it at the dealership. It kept randomly going into fault and clearing itself.

Reactions
I did take mine in and they replaced it at the dealership. It kept randomly going into fault and clearing itself.
Just curious, did they replace the sensors under warranty? I recently had to have two TPMS sensors replaced on my ‘21 with 27K miles, and the dealer charged me over $400 with the programming. The dealer claimed the TPMS sensors are a wear item. Seems like BS to me since they’re a federally mandated safety device.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Mine cleared and no alarm since the first time. Fingers crossed..