Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Time for new tires

Reactions
I'm thinking the PS4's are the best option. Any differing thoughts?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s? Do they make those in 20s" or21s" ?

Reactions
How many miles did your get from the factory tires?

Different kind of car, but I have PS4s on my Camaro ZL1, awesome tire! I would only recommend for street use in dryer climates however.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
They make the PS4's in 21".

I'm at 37K miles on my 2020 and could probably get another 10K out of the tires but I'm ready to change them. I've never been a huge fan of the Pirelli's.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
How many miles did your get from the factory tires?

Different kind of car, but I have PS4s on my Camaro ZL1, awesome tire! I would only recommend for street use in dryer climates however.
I'm at 20k miles and I will probably get another 5-10 out of them. I'm surprised how quickly they've burned up. I drive fast but not terribly aggressive. looking to replace them with a much better all weather tire for the Western PA Fall/Winter roads. These pirellis were dangerous in the snow.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
In GA so I'm probably just going to go with full summer/performance tires.

Reactions
Our ST getting delivered any minute now has the 21's....so running a tire shop I looked at my options, was not impressed. Those Michelins only have like a 30k mile rating or something. So I may be going to 20's or 22's just for MUCH better options.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Our ST getting delivered any minute now has the 21's....so running a tire shop I looked at my options, was not impressed. Those Michelins only have like a 30k mile rating or something. So I may be going to 20's or 22's just for MUCH better options.
What are the much better options? I'm in the market so I'm curious.

Reactions
with the amount of weight, I doubt any real performance tyre will last very long, stickiness not longevity is the desired quality here

Reactions
ok well I'm not sure exactly what size guys are running for 22's but let's say this...
Tire rack recommends a 275\40\22
IN the stock Pirelli Scorpion - just like stock 21 - the MSRP is $385.24
Same size in the MUCH better Continental DWS06 which actually has a mileage rating, 50k miles, and is a better tire...is $267.54
I would and if I go that route WILL take the DWS06 all day err day before the Pirelli.

Reactions
I just got the PS4’s with a 45k mile warranty. I only got 27k from the factory Pirelli Scorpion tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk