Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thoughts on a front Spoiler/Splitter??

Reactions
As the title suggests... I know all this wide body talk has people buzzing but has anyone thought of adding a subtle front spoiler to add to the existing for a lower front end look?

Key word is subtle.

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Agreed on it needing to be subtle. And I think the ST is a good candidate for a front/chin spoiler.

OP
MattJ716
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
The dead on front end is screaming for some sort of splitter. I don't have the skills or tools to try and custom mock one up so hopefully someone on here gets some ideas and throws something together!

Nbk4t5e

Reactions

In the works….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MattJ716
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thats LITERALLY all it needs. Please keep me posted.. well everyone in this thread.. all 3 of us haha.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I have this posted in the Wide Body thread where all the communication is going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Definitely interested!
I hate to single you out, but take a look at your post:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/brake-caliper-covers.3187/post-39596

But, you're definitely interested in a dress up "gift" for your car. Some people maybe like a meaningless caliper cover and according to you, they shouldn't be in control of their finances. But a non-functional dress up "splitter" is ok?

I'm not picking on you personally- but it perhaps we could ALL be a bit less judgmental when addressing other individuals' tastes.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Reasonable response TMac. I encourage everybody to do to their cars whatever floats their boat. It's not my car. Now I have seen plenty of hideous things in the car world during my life but again, to me the whole point is it is your car do whatever makes you feel good! Now my preference is to performance improvements but nothing wrong with adding something cosmetic to make your ride look better.

I'm definitely in for a discreet splitter for sure!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I hate to single you out, but take a look at your post:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/brake-caliper-covers.3187/post-39596

But, you're definitely interested in a dress up "gift" for your car. Some people maybe like a meaningless caliper cover and according to you, they shouldn't be in control of their finances. But a non-functional dress up "splitter" is ok?

I'm not picking on you personally- but it perhaps we could ALL be a bit less judgmental when addressing other individuals' tastes.
Less judgmental and possibly be less sarcastic on the internet? Where's the fun in that? I don't shitpost like that too much, but if I'm being a jerk like that online, I fully expect people to be jerks back. I won't take it as a personal attack.

I'm all for dress-ups to personalize your car, however caliper covers are meant to appear like you have a caliper upgrade. Essentially trick to average doofus into thinking you got a sick BremboWilwoodBaerAPRacingRacingBrake kit. My opinion is that is dumb and goes along with, as I said, people up-badging their cars. That splitter is non-functional but isn't meant to make the average doofus think I just rolled off the LeMans starting grid.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Road raced a Cadillac CTSV for 4 years for my mid-life crisis instead of buying a Corvette. I was surprised how may people tried to make their CTS look like a V. Caliper covers, V badges, etc. I personally thought it looked silly but also in a way thought it was cool that they wanted to emulate the nicer cars.

Again, I usually stick with to each their own. I can just as well laugh at some guy going down the road as give props to a really nice car!

Reactions
Interested as well!!

Reactions
Road raced a Cadillac CTSV for 4 years for my mid-life crisis instead of buying a Corvette. I was surprised how may people tried to make their CTS look like a V. Caliper covers, V badges, etc. I personally thought it looked silly but also in a way thought it was cool that they wanted to emulate the nicer cars.

Again, I usually stick with to each their own. I can just as well laugh at some guy going down the road as give props to a really nice car!
Exactly! Not everyone can afford those cars and want to make theirs look similar to their "dream" cars. I dont see anything wrong with that.

No harm no foul and if you ask me, ill take any day a "fake" dress up car from a lower tier than those who have crazy wide bodys and stances. The F&F dress up cars.