Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D exhaust *NOW AVAILABLE*

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I can't find any shop that will install downpipes due to emissions laws, are people just installing these themselves, are they relatively easy to do?
Your shop is just lazy. The SPD downpipes include catalytic converters. The O2 sensor even plugs right in. No codes, perfect.

Reactions
I really need to find a decent, affordable local shop. Both of them I went to were over priced for a muffler delete and resonator swap and said they couldn't replace the downpipes by law even though they have cats in them.

Hemikc4x4

Reactions
Also down for a set with black tips. Let us know when a price is available at a group buy rate. Lol

Reactions
whoosh motorsports has worked with Thermal R&D on a few Ford ST projects, the newest being the Explorer ST exhaust

The Explorer ST exhaust will feature 2.5" pipework throughout with optional / add-on 2.5" midpipes. The mid-pipe option is seemingly the part missing from all the other options on the market. With stock or SPD downpipes, you'll notice flow improvements with larger matching mid-pipes over the dinky stock pipes.
Look for this new exhaust release here and on Facebook in a few weeks. Pricing to be determined but I can promise with the added mid pipes the system will cost less than the other kits currently on the market

here's a pic for attention of our best selling Fiesta exhaust
wait, is this a single exhaust pipe? is this only fill in one stock exhaust location? stock pipes are qty2 - 2.25" pipes. this is a single 2.5" pipe? that is less flow than stock with an xpipe then. should be atleast 3" in my opinion. the f150 3.5L exhaust is 4" for most single pipe systems.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
wait, is this a single exhaust pipe? is this only fill in one stock exhaust location? stock pipes are qty2 - 2.25" pipes. this is a single 2.5" pipe? that is less flow than stock with an xpipe then. should be atleast 3" in my opinion. the f150 3.5L exhaust is 4" for most single pipe systems.
Relax...it’s just a pic showing the build quality from Thermal. That’s not the ST exhaust...it clearly says it’s for a Fiesta.

Reactions
this is a fitment /prototype picture
the production kit will have black tips

sound clips will be available once the final muffler choice is made
Quit teasing and give us some sound clips . I am super interested in the complete exhaust package after I hear the final muffler choice .
I can't find any shop that will install downpipes due to emissions laws, are people just installing these themselves, are they relatively easy to do?
Well that sucks . I would hate to live where you do cuz I thought there would be high performance shops everywhere .

Reactions
Quit teasing and give us some sound clips . I am super interested in the complete exhaust package after I hear the final muffler choice .

Well that sucks . I would hate to live where you do cuz I thought there would be high performance shops everywhere .
I'm anxiously waiting to see this system as well. There probably is a decent shop somewhere, I'm just not in the 'know' I guess!

Reactions
All these places and nobody will do it ?
I've called most of the ones that are within 20 miles, either no longer in business or won't do it. Maybe they think I'm the emissions police or something, no idea.

Reactions
I've called most of the ones that are within 20 miles, either no longer in business or won't do it. Maybe they think I'm the emissions police or something, no idea.
Thats crazy !

I could stand in the middle of town and go 5 miles in every direction and have any modification done to anything . In a 5 mile radius , I have access to half a dozen high performance shops capable of mods and tuning.....and I live in a border town . Guess El Paso isn't so bad other than the 700+ Covid positives a day :eek:

Reactions
I will literally record video the moment I leave Thermal R & D so you guys can hear the exhaust. if they dont post before I do.

Just hoping I get a call sooner than later.

Reactions
Its either this or Corsa for me, so can't wait to see it

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Gonna be a bit...Thermal says about the end of the year.