Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SLD Thermal R&D black tip exhaust $1500 BNIB

Reactions
Good morning everyone. I am offering up my Thermal R&D exhaust that I bought from Ron at Woosh during the summer. The exhaust is brand new and still in the 2 boxes (earlier shipping method). The reason why I am selling this system is because my ST has been the test vehicle for aFe and they are working on their own exhaust. That being said, I'm looking to sell this locally and not ship because it would cost way too much. I've never opened either box and they've been in my garage since I received them. I know that Ron is selling them for $1599 shipped which is why I am offering at $1500, local pickup in the Riverside area of Southern California.

Reactions
As I stated in the thread about the H&Rs for sale , don't think you will get full price when buyers can buy at full price from an actual vendor . If Ron is selling at $1599 shipped , sounds like you are asking above retail when shipping is probably more than $99 .

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
As I stated in the thread about the H&Rs for sale , don't think you will get full price when buyers can buy at full price from an actual vendor . If Ron is selling at $1599 shipped , sounds like you are asking above retail when shipping is probably more than $99 .
Thanks for your input, but if you read my post, I'm not looking to ship. I'm only looking to sell it locally and discounted at about $100. Just because you're not having any luck with yours doesn't mean you need to knock my post. Thanks for the support though.

Reactions
Thanks for your input, but if you read my post, I'm not looking to ship. I'm only looking to sell it locally and discounted at about $100. Just because you're not having any luck with yours doesn't mean you need to knock my post. Thanks for the support though.
I'm knocking your post ??? I am only stating the obvious on you wanting to move your exhaust locally only . I was merely stating that Ron is selling his at $1599 shipped , which means the shipping cost is built into his price . You are trying to sell yours at $1500 and you are doing local pickup only . If you do the math , you are selling it at above retail because shipping is probably more than $99 for such a bulky item .

GLWS !

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I'm knocking your post ??? I am only stating the obvious on you wanting to move your exhaust locally only . I was merely stating that Ron is selling his at $1599 shipped , which means the shipping cost is built into his price . You are trying to sell yours at $1500 and you are doing local pickup only . If you do the math , you are selling it at above retail because shipping is probably more than $99 for such a bulky item .

GLWS !
And......... if someone local is interested, they're still saving $99. I genuinely don't understand your reasoning for your messages or why you bothered to even post on this thread.

F=MA

Reactions

GLWS !
Correct me if I am wrong but Ron is currently out of stock regarding the Thermal exhausts systems for the Explorer ST and won't have any until next year. I believe he also mentioned in the Forum they will be raising the prices on those exhaust systems in the future to cover the higher costs incurred shipping the exhaust system in three separate boxes (to avoid shipping damage and parts loss). I also thought he said they would also be raising the base price of the exhaust system in addition to trying to recapture some of the $200 shipping costs they are incurring. Given that info, pouncing on the $1500 set is probably one of the last best deals available regarding the Thermal R&D exhaust for the Explorer ST for 2021.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Correct me if I am wrong but Ron is currently out of stock regarding the Thermal exhausts systems for the Explorer ST and won't have any until next year. I believe he also mentioned in the Forum they will be raising the prices on those exhaust systems in the future to cover the higher costs incurred shipping the exhaust system in three separate boxes (to avoid shipping damage and parts loss). I also thought he said they would also be raising the base price of the exhaust system in addition to trying to recapture some of the $200 shipping costs they are incurring. Given that info, pouncing on the $1500 set is probably one of the last best deals available regarding the Thermal R&D exhaust for the Explorer ST for 2021.
Thank you for the positive message! I appreciate it!

Reactions
GLWS!!
Someone will benefit from not having to wait till next year and save a lil. I love mine and don't regret it one bit.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
If I wasn't working with aFe as their test vehicle, I'd have put the Thermal on my car right after I got it. Thank you.

Reactions
And......... if someone local is interested, they're still saving $99. I genuinely don't understand your reasoning for your messages or why you bothered to even post on this thread.
Maybe I posted because I might have a little interest in the parts that are for sale for this platform . I heavily modify all of my vehicles so I am always on the hunt . As far as the exhaust going up in price , I guess that's a huge bonus for you . Like I said before.........GLWS !!!

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Maybe I posted because I might have a little interest in the parts that are for sale for this platform . I heavily modify all of my vehicles so I am always on the hunt . As far as the exhaust going up in price , I guess that's a huge bonus for you . Like I said before.........GLWS !!!
Thank you, I appreciateit. I'm not looking to profit on this, just trying to recoup as much of what I paid and try to help another member out in the process. If I can save them $99 in the process, that's one more tank of gas for them out here.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Just a couple of pictures of the exhaust still boxed up and completely unopened.

Attachments

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Rainy day bump

Reactions
I would be in if you could ship to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I would be in if you could ship to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, I don't know that it would be worth the cost of shipping. I couldn't imagine it being less than $250-$300 to ship to Canada. I am looking to sell the exhaust, but I don't want to see someone spend a fortune in shipping. That's kinda why I'm trying to sell relatively local.

F=MA

Reactions
I just installed a new Thermal R&D exhaust on mine today after having both the Borla S Type and the Magnaflow #19515. Very happy with the quieter Thermal exhaust and zero drone.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
I just installed a new Thermal R&D exhaust on mine today after having both the Borla S Type and the Magnaflow #19515. Very happy with the quieter Thermal exhaust and zero drone.
That's why I originally went with this exhaust. I'm only selling it because aFe is using my ST as a test bed for their products and I really like their stuff.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
☃️

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Sold!