Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The ULTIMATE Dyno / V-Dyno Thread

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Please use this thread to share your Dyno or V-Dyno graph and keep discussions at a minimal. All suggestions or questions welcomed!

F=MA

Reactions
Good job keeping the discussions at a minimal !! :ROFLMAO: Here is my inverted Dino graph. dino-size-graphs-edit-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
This is pre-turbo upgrade. Stock I’m told is ~320awhp which is ~20% drivetrain loss vs the 400hp crank. So that would make this ~568 crank. I only care about wheel horsepower but I know many want to know crank to compare to the numbers they always see from manufacturers.

Going back post-turbo this Wednesday.

3826F87B-3F17-4D1F-BD24-730EB9663C54.jpeg

LTR COLA

Reactions
I am taking mine in for a base line stock pull in a few weeks, then gonna do all bolt on stuff, no tune, see what we can see.

ghostfranklin

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
@DetroitST & @Kruppa any slip with the trans? I did similar mods, (AFE CAI, Whipple FMIC, Fen Fab Charge Pipe, Fen Fab catted dp, thermal catback, nostrum hpfp and injectors, E85) and I'm thinking I may have to upgrade the trans (looking at level 10), granted I have low miles and the trans isn't even fully broken in.

Curious if you have experienced anything similar?

Reactions
Wheels slip a lot. Not sure how I could measure or feel if the trans was slipping. Something I can look for while logging?

ghostfranklin

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
@DetroitST the trans slipping feels like the clutch slipping in a manual, rpms go up but no wheel spin and not much forward progress. It only happened in sport mode so i can only use normal or eco until the trans breaks in

Reactions
I drove about 500 miles after the tune without beating on it so the trans could "learn" normal driving. Also for reference I have about 13k miles total on the car. I have not experienced anything of what you described. Maybe we could get a group buy at levels for a discount lol. We both know it's going to need to be done anyway at some point.

ghostfranklin

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
That makes me feel so much better, I only have about 700 miles. Sounds like there's some hope lol

ghostfranklin

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
@DetroitST car threw a couple codes and RareFab had me bring it back just to make sure everything was ok and run a full diagnostic. The trans was slipping because ford sent me the truck 2.5 qts low on trans fluid, when I initially brought it they had to add a qt of oil too.

So now all go and now slip hit a 3.5s 0-60mph on draggy after multiple passes doing data logging for Adam. There's more to be had but I still need to break in the trans first. Really pleased with this rocket ship

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
What is a V-Dyno? (I imagine a virtual dyno, but with what device or how do i do this?)

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Like a Draggy

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
I have a dragy, but have never seen an option to do HP/torque numbers :s

Also have and obd link mx+, is there any reliable app to use as dyno?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Old thread, but does anyone have SAE numbers? STD tends to inflate the numbers from my experience.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Holy crap!

Do you have a mod list on this ST?

In your opinion, could this power be made using E85 and be driven daily safely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Holy crap!

Do you have a mod list on this ST?

In your opinion, could this power be made using E85 and be driven daily safely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No there is not currently enough fuel system on the market.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk