Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The new look !

Reactions
So I went with BC Forged MLE81 for the new shoes..........

bcforged.jpg bcforged2.jpg

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Are those air vents functional?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
(y) Always thought those would be a great idea on the F150 Boosts. They need a little help shedding heat.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Good to see someone else with 2-piece wheels!!! Good choice!

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looking Good! (y)

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Fantastic

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Good to see someone else with 2-piece wheels!!! Good choice!
I really like the look of 2 piece . I know some aren't fans of the hardware showing but I think it gives a vehicle some character .

Reactions
I really like the look of 2 piece . I know some aren't fans of the hardware showing but I think it gives a vehicle some character .
and more places for air to leak from lol. Runnning 2-3piece wheels on a daily is a horrible idea.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
and more places for air to leak from lol. Runnning 2-3piece wheels on a daily is a horrible idea.
It’s not the 70’s.
I’ve ran 2 and 3 piece wheels on multiple daily drivers…never had a single issue with leaks.

Reactions
I would love to do some gold/bronze 2 piece wheels with the chrome/silver hoop....but would have to color match everything like he did lol

Reactions
It’s not the 70’s.
I’ve ran 2 and 3 piece wheels on multiple daily drivers…never had a single issue with leaks.
Come to NYC. My comment is definitely roadway dependent, place is a dump with horrible roads. I've had 2 and 3 piece wheels leak multiple times from the center with no signs of damage to either side of the barrels from how crappy the roads are. Thankfully easy to repair but if they were forged one piece they would have been fine in those instances.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Come to NYC. My comment is definitely roadway dependent, place is a dump with horrible roads. I've had 2 and 3 piece wheels leak multiple times from the center with no signs of damage to either side of the barrels from how crappy the roads are. Thankfully easy to repair but if they were forged one piece they would have been fine in those instances.
I have only had 1 leaking issue with some 3 piece back in the day but it was due to the inner and outer barrel not sealing properly....completely my fault . I took them apart myself to change the color and didn't seal them properly .

Here in El Paso , the roads are pretty good so it doesn't bother me to run whatever I want . I have actually had more air leaking issues from monoblock wheels than anything else .

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I would love to do some gold/bronze 2 piece wheels with the chrome/silver hoop....but would have to color match everything like he did lol
When I get tired of this look , which will be a while , I am going to take these apart and do race gold centers like the BBS LM wheels .

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
As the owner of a few pairs of forged 2-piece wheels that I daily on fairly crappy roads (pretty sure DC will give NYC a run for its money), how do you propose they leak? The forged barrel is fastened to a forged center via hardware instead of it being a solid billet but the barrel is the same... 3-piece wheels, sure i could see how they leak but modern 2-piece are no more maintenance than any other wheel (except for when it comes to cleaning the dang things)...

Reactions
As the owner of a few pairs of forged 2-piece wheels that I daily on fairly crappy roads (pretty sure DC will give NYC a run for its money), how do you propose they leak? The forged barrel is fastened to a forged center via hardware instead of it being a solid billet but the barrel is the same... 3-piece wheels, sure i could see how they leak but modern 2-piece are no more maintenance than any other wheel (except for when it comes to cleaning the dang things)...
Very good points! I’ve had the problem leaking from the center on 3 piece wheels without damage to the barrels themselves from seal and hardware failures through poor roadways over time frequently.

1 piece forged is personally what I prefer.