Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

The Blue Oval

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I have read through many posts and apologize if this has already been discussed. Looking to black out or darken the ovals without having to remove the grill. I have seen UNBROKEN's template to drill out the screws and use sticky tape to hold the new one and that may be the way to go, just afraid the adhesive may eventually lose its strength. I have seen videos of people using overlays, tinting film, spraying with VHT lens paint, etc..

Wondering if anyone has tried various methods and what their outcomes were and any issues. All recommendations greatly appreciated.

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
If you're going to install an aftermarket intercooler these are pricy but very good quality: https://emblem-city.com/collections/2020-ford-explorer I installed the front emblem while the grill was off for the IC, the rear is pretty simple to install.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Save yourself the time and effort and purchase these. Use a heat source to loosen the viynl a bit to correctly shape to the boarder, letters, etc. Installed mine, which took about 20 minutes and no issues after about six months.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/852763513/ford-explorer-2020-2022-emblem-overlay?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=2020+explorer+emblem+decal&ref=sc_gallery-1-3&bes=1&plkey=af113559994855b03e07d3003dffbf2de821284c:852763513
Ive only had these on for a week or so but they’re incredible. Even I screwed it up he ships two of each and I’ve got a shot to redo them.

Eventually I’ll go the emblem city route when I finally get the intercooler installed.