Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Taillight Mods

Gary Gordon

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
What's the taillight mods I keep seeing (trembling), is that a forscan feature or LED bulbs?

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
The only one I can think of is the hyperflash on the turn signals. When you add LED's to the turn signals they flash very rapidly (hyperflash) and you go into forscan to fix that issue.

OP
G

Gary Gordon

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
The only one I can think of is the hyperflash on the turn signals. When you add LED's to the turn signals they flash very rapidly (hyperflash) and you go into forscan to fix that issue.
The taillights not turn sigs, they give off a trembling lava light look. Pretty cool. I've seen it on a few ST exhaust mod videos

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
never heard of that one.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
The taillights not turn sigs, they give off a trembling lava light look. Pretty cool. I've seen it on a few ST exhaust mod videos
Is that an actual mod or just how the frame rate of the video captures the tail lights?

OP
G

Gary Gordon

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
You know that's what it might be. Always thought it was a mod but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Is that an actual mod or just how the frame rate of the video captures the tail lights?
Was going to say same thing. The LED tail lights are just strobing from the camera. Would be a cool thing to have something like the sequential mustang lights or similar.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Locally we have traffic cameras that can be viewed on line. I have seen many vehicles look like the headlights are flashing on and off. You can see lots of videos on line about the Explorer and it looks like the DRLs are flashing rapidly. All this is just the frame rate of the camera giving a false view of the LEDs.