Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sync Screen Glitching/Flickering

Jgrabina

Reactions
Usually happens on a cold start up...the screen will flicker and bounce for about 10m. It is quite annoying. Any one else having this issue? Has the dealer been able to correct for anyone? Even does it after you turn off the car. See other video - dark screen, but the top flickering.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Definitely not normal. Have your dealer fix it.

OP
Jgrabina

Jgrabina

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Dealer replaced a “module” and “pigtail”, but on the way home it glitched again. Very frustrating. Called them and they are contacting Ford for next steps to correct the issue.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I sure hate to hear that's happening, but I'm confident that Ford will take care of it.

I have 3 dealers I'm my area , some I respect their abilities more than others...just saying.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Jim

OP
Jgrabina

Jgrabina

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
**Update** Dealer contacted Ford and has fixed it. Replaced another part and so far, so good!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Do you know which part?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reminds me of the TSB:

FORD TSB #SSM 49245
Some 2020 Explorer/Aviator vehicles built on or before 30-Sep-2020 may experience an intermittent or constant blank/black screen on the center infotainment display due the low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) cable at the SYNC accessory protocol interface module (APIM) not being fully seated. Verify that the connector is fully seated into the APIM prior to performing any other diagnostics or repairs on the vehicle for this concern. If the connection is found loose, re-seat the connection and retest.

BillST21

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Usually happens on a cold start up...the screen will flicker and bounce for about 10m. It is quite annoying. Any one else having this issue? Has the dealer been able to correct for anyone? Even does it after you turn off the car. See other video - dark screen, but the top flickering.
Thanks Jgrabina,

I had been searching high and low for the cause and solution. Your Video "9B4C2010-1903-4194-AD4E-E34507EAA0F7" illustrates exactly what I am experiencing. I have a 2021 built in August '21. I took the vehicle in once and they could not confirm the issue. I have taken a couple videos and sent it to them but that Service Advisor has since departed. The major difference between mine and yours is that mine does not do it right away. I might be on the road for 15 minutes before it happens, and it does not happen all the time. For awhile I thought there was some RF interference from external sources.

Anyway, I have a schedule visit this coming week for the Blue Screen Recall, which I am not experiencing, when they will look into the Screen Flicker Issue. I will instruct them not to perform the Recall will show them your Customer Receipt and the Video for their information.

Again, thank your very much!

OP
Jgrabina

Jgrabina

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Thanks Jgrabina,

I had been searching high and low for the cause and solution. Your Video "9B4C2010-1903-4194-AD4E-E34507EAA0F7" illustrates exactly what I am experiencing. I have a 2021 built in August '21. I took the vehicle in once and they could not confirm the issue. I have taken a couple videos and sent it to them but that Service Advisor has since departed. The major difference between mine and yours is that mine does not do it right away. I might be on the road for 15 minutes before it happens, and it does not happen all the time. For awhile I thought there was some RF interference from external sources.

Anyway, I have a schedule visit this coming week for the Blue Screen Recall, which I am not experiencing, when they will look into the Screen Flicker Issue. I will instruct them not to perform the Recall will show them your Customer Receipt and the Video for their information.

Again, thank your very much!
Glad this helped! So frustrating when it happens and you don’t know why. Glad for the forums.