Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford has released 21194 this morning. Either OTA or on the web. Just started downloading it.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
You are a brave person.
Or stupid. So far it's working but it will take more starts to be sure. I think there is a new map update downloading also. Ford Owners website says it's available Sept 1st but mine has been updating for close to 3 hour now. It shows build number 21194 and it's still downloading updates.

EDIT There was no map update.

Last edited:
Reactions
Anyone taken a drive with this one yet? :LOL: Is it safe?

Reactions
Mine appears to be downloading something this morning. I'll see what the build is after it's done.

Reactions
Updated a few hours ago, drove around for 30 minutes the car only blew up three times.....

No issues to speak of so far

KegsBdry

Reactions
I just started, it takes 30 minutes!:oops:(n)

Reactions
Weird, I don't see 21194 yet. Tried the OTA update and it says my 21098 is the latest. Tried putting in VIN on Ford's website and it says "Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.4.21098". We have a 2021.

Wonder why we aren't seeing the newer version yet?

Reactions
I'm also showing SYNC3 v3.4.21098 also as the only update available.. also a 2021.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
If I remember right the last update some received it a day or so later. I would try checking back tomorrow.

Reactions
They often stagger SW availability based on serial numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Or stupid. So far it's working but it will take more starts to be sure. I think there is a new map update downloading also. Ford Owners website says it's available Sept 1st but mine has been updating for close to 3 hour now. It shows build number 21194 and it's still downloading updates.

EDIT There was no map update.
Same here. Updated OTA to 21194 and then another even bigger/longer update with something else involved. ran around all day today doing errands and everything seems great. perhaps even a little more responsive but it could just be me imagining things

Reactions
I was able to download SYNC3 v3.4.21194 to my PC just now. I have a 2021.

Reactions
If I remember right the last update some received it a day or so later. I would try checking back tomorrow.
Yep! Worked this morning. Downloaded 21194 from the Ford site. (y)

Reactions
Mine too. I'm about to USB drive it and update it. To confirm.. I can do this with just the radio on.. it does NOT need to be running? I've updated vehicles before and left them running but if this is going to take an hour or so.. I'd rather not idle it haha.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Mine too. I'm about to USB drive it and update it. To confirm.. I can do this with just the radio on.. it does NOT need to be running? I've updated vehicles before and left them running but if this is going to take an hour or so.. I'd rather not idle it haha.
It can be done by just turning the radio on. That's how I do mine.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I started the download using my WiFi. When I realized it was going to take a while I shut it off and went on to other things. An hour or so later I started it up and the download was complete and installing.

OP
D

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
After a full day of messing with it this seems like the fix we have been waiting for. Travel Link has worked every time I either started the vehicle or just turned the radio on. And my Sirius audio has worked each time also.

hbalek

Reactions
Mine downloaded overnight over wifi and installed on my way downtown, in about 20 minutes. The system restarted as I was driving and Travelink is back and works every time now! FINALLY! After almost 4 months!

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Pulled the USB version from Ford as I've had my auto-update/wifi turned off to prevent any of the messed up updates after I rolled back, did a master reset ... just to start with a clean slate ... and the update went well. Did another Master Reset after finishing .... just to clean out any bits and pieces of 21020/21098 and all is well. Spent a few minutes re-registering with Ford Pass, setting Sirius favorites, etc., and I even decided to re-energize the wifi/OTA capability, gambler that I am!! Seems to have solved a lot of issues folks have been having, but specifically the TravelLink mess appears to have been resolved. Several trips today and not one single problem.

About time....

Ken