Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Switched to Thermal 2.5"

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I bought the Gibson axle-back earlier in the year but when I saw the Lethal Performance "Black Friday" sale going on, I couldn't pass on the Thermal R&D 2.5" price. Delivery only took three days and I installed it last night in about an hour and a half in my drive with the rear up on ramps. It's a beautiful exhaust and I'm sure my neighbors will absolutely hate the 5am cold starts. It sounds mean! Seems more quiet than the Gibson once the ST is warmed up but it sounds more refined. Still sounds great under throttle. My biggest complaint about the Gibson was the terrible tip alignment. It was a constant battle. I probably tried adjusting 10 times to no avail. The Thermal set up aligned great and looks much better. You get what you pay for in this case.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I love the sound of thermals exhaust. Congrats!

F=MA

Reactions
I had Borla S, Magnaflow and finally the 2.5 inch Thermal. The Borla S was nice but wanted a 2.5 inch system, the Magnaflow had awesome black chrome tips but droned around 2000 rpm and wasn't 304 stainless so lots of surface rust. The 2.5 inch Thermal sounds good with zero drone (OEM downpipes) and the 304 stainless finish but I did not like the Thermal black tips. I replaced the black tips with tips from hot rod scotts in Canada. Used a weld on tip and just cut the grooves similar to a bolt on set and then used SS 304 u clamps to hold the tips on. These ten inch long tips sit further back towards the bumper and could be extended further out if desired.

IMG_3721.JPG

https://hotrodscottsonline.ca/collections/4in-exhaust-tips