Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Swapping from one TTV6 to another

Stoffius

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
About a year and a half ago I traded in a 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo for the ST and both make around the same HP and torque. The ST is much larger which was what I needed and honestly feels just as fast around town with the only exception being the launch - the Macans was violent.

I just got the ST back after waiting 5 months due to a parts shortage after getting hit in the front end and it feels like a new car again. I’ve been in four different rentals/loaners with the last being a truck so I’ve been dogging this thing around ever since getting it back. It’s definitely fast and fun.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Your ST should have a 3.0 Twin Turbo.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
About a year and a half ago I traded in a 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo for the ST and both make around the same HP and torque. The ST is much larger which was what I needed and honestly feels just as fast around town with the only exception being the launch - the Macans was violent.

I just got the ST back after waiting 5 months due to a parts shortage after getting hit in the front end and it feels like a new car again. I’ve been in four different rentals/loaners with the last being a truck so I’ve been dogging this thing around ever since getting it back. It’s definitely fast and fun.
I'd take your ST anyday over the Macan. The Macan is still a very nice vehicle I just love STs.

Reactions
My ST is very violent when launching it! 1.6s 60' times will make you say "HOLY SHIT" every time.