Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Super Forged Big Brakes

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Has anyone installed, Super Forged Big Brake kit?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Several have but I’m not sure if they’re on here or not.

OP
Average ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #3
*Looking for color comparisons, I just ordered blue/black.

aholland86

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the club!
IMG_2361 (2).jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I do like the new kit with the integrated parking brake. The extra rear caliper is why I went a different route.

OP
Average ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #8
I like the wrap on your ST, huge difference on the white!! My next minor cosmtic is simply wrapping the blue between the rear door and the cargo in black, leaving the top blue.

Reactions
Curious of anyone has put the GT500 rotor and pads in the front like Ford has done with their performance demo unit. They told me it was a direct fit, with different wheels for clearance....

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Curious of anyone has put the GT500 rotor and pads in the front like Ford has done with their performance demo unit. They told me it was a direct fit, with different wheels for clearance....
Yes people are doing it. No it’s not a direct fit…they lied about that.
There’s a guy in the High Performance Explorer ST FB group who makes and sells the caliper mounting bracket required to make it all work. Racing Brake sells the braided steel lines.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Wow nice color combo. Love the setup on both!

Reactions
If I purchase the superforged kit with integrated ebrake do I need anything else for the install? brake lines etc? Or the kit covers everything required?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If I purchase the superforged kit with integrated ebrake do I need anything else for the install? brake lines etc? Or the kit covers everything required?
You should be reaching out to Bruce at SuperForged with questions like that. You’ll need fluid and I can’t recommend enough an M10-1.5 threading die if you’re swapping the brakes hoses.

Reactions
You should be reaching out to Bruce at SuperForged with questions like that. You’ll need fluid and I can’t recommend enough an M10-1.5 threading die if you’re swapping the brakes hoses.
Thanks looks like it does come with the lines included in the kit. I’ll grab a M10-1.5 threading die.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Why does one need a threading die? Does this imply the new hoses have ends that are blanks?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Why does one need a threading die? Does this imply the new hoses have ends that are blanks?
It’s very well known that the oem male ends tend to gall when you remove the rubber hoses. You have to chase the threads almost every time. Of every hose swap I’ve seen done online…every car needed the threads chased on at least one fitting. On my car it was all 4.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
From the info presented in the thread, it appeared to me that the kit came with new lines. So that's why I was curious as to why you'd need a die. Now, if it's suggested to chase the threads I get it, but when a kit comes with lines, in my mind that includes the threaded ends- thus my question. I think other members might be curious about this as well.