Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sunroof Windscreen Failure

Reactions
Pop up windscreen on sunroof snapped off after 6 weeks of ownership! I think I only opened the sunroof about 3 times. Very poor quality material. Dealer will order a replacement and install under warranty, six weeks old and already 2 hrs at the service dept!!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Someone already reported that it flew off while driving!!! I checked mine and it looks secure.

RWestphal

Reactions
Pop up windscreen on sunroof snapped off after 6 weeks of ownership! I think I only opened the sunroof about 3 times. Very poor quality material. Dealer will order a replacement and install under warranty, six weeks old and already 2 hrs at the service dept!!
As nice and loaded these vehicles are, this windscreen looks like it was put together with a Lego kit - quality of it is very inconsistent with the rest of the vehicle.

hbalek

Reactions
As nice and loaded these vehicles are, this windscreen looks like it was put together with a Lego kit - quality of it is very inconsistent with the rest of the vehicle.
Those accordion like flaps on the sides of the glass are really flimsy and poorly fitting too! We should be grateful that unlike many cars with large glass roofs these days, we have a retractable shade which is opaque. Some have no shade or a uselss translucent one which lets a lot of sun in like some European brands.

Explorer ST Posts