Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Stumble/rough idle

Reactions
Truck only has a little over 2,000 miles on it, and at idle it stumbles a lot, and almost feels like it is gonna stall... Making an appointment with the dealership now, but has anyone else run into this?

TexaST

Reactions
Mine will do this on occasion but only after a cold start. It’s usually a rough idle that seems to be coming from the flex pipes in the exhaust.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Mine will do this on occasion but only after a cold start. It’s usually a rough idle that seems to be coming from the flex pipes in the exhaust.
Mine is happening when warm, and in gear.

Reactions
I get this every once in a while. Usually when engine is warm after driving quite a bit and stopped at a red light. Almost feels like a mild cam haha

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
So it is related to the a/c... No a/c it idles fine, regular a/c it stumbles a bit, max a/c it barely idles now. Time to bring it to the dealer I guess.

Reactions
So it is related to the a/c... No a/c it idles fine, regular a/c it stumbles a bit, max a/c it barely idles now. Time to bring it to the dealer I guess.
So what did you find out? Is the rough idle a fixable issue?

Sbenis

Reactions
Mine does a rough idle also while in gear

Reactions
A little late to this thread but mine idles rough when the AC is on. Did you take yours to the dealer?