Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Stiffer motor mounts?

Odin

Reactions
May be a Platinum thing vice a 3.0TT engine thing, but I get the feel of motor lift when taking off with a little bit of ass into the gas. Asking since I haven't heard the same complaints about the ST, is there a stiffer motor mount that goes with that tune, or am I just used to driving super stiff vehicles like the RS6?

Reactions
you drove an AUDI and you think the explorers engine shakes? HAHAHA

there was an issue with lose motor mount bolts from the factory, maybe check that first.

SpeedOften

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
May be a Platinum thing vice a 3.0TT engine thing, but I get the feel of motor lift when taking off with a little bit of ass into the gas. Asking since I haven't heard the same complaints about the ST, is there a stiffer motor mount that goes with that tune, or am I just used to driving super stiff vehicles like the RS6?
By "motor lift" do you mean the rear end squatting when you hit the go pedal? The engine is setup in a longitudinal design to favor rwd bias. There will be some twist but I have not once felt it on launch.

OP
O

Odin

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
you drove an AUDI and you think the explorers engine shakes? HAHAHA

there was an issue with lose motor mount bolts from the factory, maybe check that first.
Hehe not just any Audi, the TT Cosworth 4.2L V8 RS6. That thing was tight AF, there wasn't even room in the engine bay for the battery. The frame would've had to twist to allow for any motor shake.

I'll check the motor mount bolts in the explorer, it did seem to have a plethora of factory 'oops' going on - missing the passenger side hood limit bumper, missing the retaining clip for the rear window shade, sunroof drain tube incorrectly routed, etc...

@SpeedOften i mean it feels like the engine is trying to lift up off the front mounts on hard acceleration. Sure the entire truck squats a bit when I get on it from a stop, but even from a roll it feels like the engine is pivoting on its mounts.

Reactions
I'd have it checked out. I have not felt anything remotely close to what you have described.