Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steering column extension

Reactions
Hello Everyone,

I know this is a long shot. Anyone have any idea about extending how far the wheel comes towards the driver? I'm 6'4 with looong legs. It would be far more comfortable with the wheel an extra inch towards me above max.

Reactions
Are you sure you have it adjusted all the way out? With my seat all the way back and bottom of seat tilted back I don't even have my wheel at max adjustment then again I'm a knuckle dragger guess if you have short T Rex arms there could be issues.

Reactions
Hello Everyone,

I know this is a long shot. Anyone have any idea about extending how far the wheel comes towards the driver? I'm 6'4 with looong legs. It would be far more comfortable with the wheel an extra inch towards me above max.
Hi,

I am 6'5" with short legs and I have the wheel in as far as possible and seat back as far as possible. How do your legs even fit? I was just happy to have some headroom.

Good luck,

Ron

Reactions
I'm 6,10" with a 39" inseam and I fit fine, not as roomy as my Ram 2500 but better then most suv's.

Reactions
I find the ST has more leg and headroom then my Sierra.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Ha, it's not a case of fitting just would like less reach to the wheel. I suppose I should change my gangsta lean in the vehicle

Reactions
That is how I used to have to drive every vehicle, reclined. Now I buy things that fit me.

rll2

Reactions
I tend to agree with sim007us
I’m only 5’11 with average length arms (at least that’s what I think)
I had a 2014 Explorer Sport before my ST
I drove with the wheel fully extended
That way I could rest my right elbow on the console armrest
I can’t do that with my ST

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I tend to agree with sim007us
I’m only 5’11 with average length arms (at least that’s what I think)
I had a 2014 Explorer Sport before my ST
I drove with the wheel fully extended
That way I could rest my right elbow on the console armrest
I can’t do that with my ST
I am 5'10" and I was in the same boat. It annoyed me I couldn't comfortably rest my elbows on the center console it seemed at any angle but ultimately I moved the seat way down towards the floorpan and that seemed to help.