Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Vid: 0-60 mph test, Stock vs. Whipple Stage 1 Kit

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

Reactions
I'm all for gains and proving modifications work, as shown in the video here. However, IC and ZFG tune will get you in the low 4sec range all day long, with proven reliability and MUCH improved shifting. For someone that wants to "flash and forget" this may be a good option, depending on how they tune the transmission. For someone that wants the best performance and reliability I'd 110% go with ZFG.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I'm all for gains and proving modifications work, as shown in the video here. However, IC and ZFG tune will get you in the low 4sec range all day long, with proven reliability and MUCH improved shifting. For someone that wants to "flash and forget" this may be a good option, depending on how they tune the transmission. For someone that wants the best performance and reliability I'd 110% go with ZFG.
For sure! Still can't deny the juice that was left on the table by Ford for this platform.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Facts, ZFG all day!

Radguy

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring
The Whipple tune is 50 state certified--more than likely a mild 91 octane canned tune. Wouldn't even compare to a custom 93 octane tune.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I ran a 4.53 0-60 with a ZFG 93 tune and a whipple with heavy ass 22" wheels and a D/A of 2175'

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
... IC and ZFG tune will get you in the low 4sec range all day long ...
That's exactly what I thought.
The .42 sec improvement between the stock 0-60 mph run vs. the IC/Tune was somewhat underwhelming.

The Whipple tune is 50 state certified--more than likely a mild 91 octane canned tune ...
Let's call the Whipple tune "the one bolt rear tune". Lol