Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda tower brace and sway bar. Need advice.

Reactions
Hi All. Is the Steeda strut tower brace and sway bar worth it? We have a strut tower brace already, so is Steeda‘s better? I’m most likely not going to do springs, and don’t tow, but want a bit more of a “planted” ride. Rear sway bar worth it? I’ve purchased stuff from Steeda before. Know it‘s high quality.

Thanks!

Attachments

Reactions
The strut tower brace is 98% aesthetic in my opinion. I did the Steeda springs and then the sway bar later (it was on backorder). The sway bar does make a legitimate difference in flattening out the corners.

I’ll eventually do the strut tower brace when I get around to under hood dress up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for sharing.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Agree with what @Blown F-150 has said. I didn't put a Steeda strut tower brace on but I did put a very nice, high-quality FenFab brace on along with the Steeda sway bar. You'll feel the difference in the way the sway bar handles and you'll love it. You'll appreciate the way the strut tower brace looks.

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks.

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Any final thoughts?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Same as the others. Strut tower brace is aesthetics. Sway bar is 1,000% worth it.

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Thanks. Was on the fence about the sway bar. Looks like I’m ordering now. Appreciate the feedback.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I have the Steeda Springs, Steeda Sway Bar, and Steeda Strut Tower Brace is on order. Sway bar and springs made a huge difference but getting strut tower brace strictly to dress up the engine compartment and expecting zero handling difference. I plan on having it powder coated red to match the calipers. I like the fact that all three products are Steeda as well. Just my preference.

Reactions
I have all 3, (sway bar, springs, and strut tower brace) all from Steeda. Personally I like the strut tower brace, but that's my opinion. I'm more of a completionist. Echoing what others have said, the springs make the biggest difference followed by the sway bar. Both are totally worth it. The strut tower brace is aesthetics w/ a pinch of function.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If I could only get one, I'd get the sway bar. Made a huge difference on stock springs. The Steeda springs are really great though. I have my doubts Bilstein will ever make a B8 for us. Am glad the Steeda springs work OK with stock struts and shocks.

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Thanks all

Reactions
does the brace do anything other than look good?

Reactions
does the brace do anything other than look good?
Most likely not where you would notice. However once you take off the OEM brace you will see how easily it flexes. Just seeing the difference between OEM and the Steeda or FenFab bar causes me to believe it makes some difference. That, and the dress up factor makes for a worthy and easy upgrade. Deffinately do the springs and rear sway bar first. That is an upgrade you will definitely feel.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Most likely not where you would notice. However once you take off the OEM brace you will see how easily it flexes. Just seeing the difference between OEM and the Steeda or FenFab bar causes me to believe it makes some difference. That, and the dress up factor makes for a worthy and easy upgrade. Deffinately do the springs and rear sway bar first. That is an upgrade you will definitely feel.
Have you seen the bars in person? The FenFab bar is just a cheap aluminum alloy bar for Corolla and flexes quite a bit (per Corolla owners, lol). The Steeda definitely looks beefier but ultimately, the OE brace is plenty good.

Reactions
Have you seen the bars in person? The FenFab bar is just a cheap aluminum alloy bar for Corolla and flexes quite a bit (per Corolla owners, lol). The Steeda definitely looks beefier but ultimately, the OE brace is plenty good.
The Steeda bar is rigid. No flex at all on the bench. No doubt the OE brace is fine for 99 percent of my driving. An added benefit with the Steeda brace is that it sits higher above the engine, access to the oil filter is a snap

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just installed my strut tower brace and I was surprised at the quality difference between the stock and Steeda. Steeda is much stronger but like everyone else said, probably not needed. However, the look makes it worth changing. I had mine powder coated red to match the calipers.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Looks real nice

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Agreed. Looks great. Thanks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
I agree, the Steeda Strut Tower Brace is much more substantial than the stock stamped bar, but I don't drive mine hard so I didn't notice any difference. The ST seems pretty solid to start with, but this can't make it any worse in my opinion.