Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Steeda Lowering Springs

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Some before & after pictures as well as a link to Steeda's YouTube channel review of their springs (featuring a very familiar looking black ST!! ;)) Shout out to the Pompano Beach, FL Steeda team, more specifically Brian Dopp & Rodney Williamson !! (also added the alignment info. for those interested).

Steeda Lowering Springs (Video)

Before Steeda Lowering Springs.jpg After Steeda Lowering Springs.JPG Steeda Lowering Springs Alignment.png

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
PS.... I'll try and post some better pictures of the before and after later in the week..... Things have been hectic around here lately !!

Reactions
Looks great! What'd they charge you OTD?

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Looks great! What'd they charge you OTD?
Thank you, $569.72 OTD (installation including alignment).... RareFab in Boynton Beach, FL was charging less but I decided to pay a little more and work directly w/ Steeda after hearing about several members alignment issues w/ the H&R lowering springs.

Reactions
Looks awesome! What was there fix for the rear camber? Did the say?

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Looks awesome! What was there fix for the rear camber? Did the say?
According to them (Steeda) the only thing done was a direct swap of the lowering springs and your typical/standard alignment angle adjustments. No troubleshooting or additional alignment steps were taken.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Some of y’all are taking this rear camber thing WAY too far. As far as I can tell I’m the only one that had an issue...everyone else aligned within factory spec. Don’t be scared...drop em.

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Some of y’all are taking this rear camber thing WAY too far. As far as I can tell I’m the only one that had an issue...everyone else aligned within factory spec. Don’t be scared...drop em.
I'm trying to link up with someone local that's got the H&R spring setup to compare the ride quality between the two and get a side by side comparison pic. I'll probably end up throwing some Vossen HF-5's (22"/10.5"/+30) on in the fall. How's your ST ride comfort with the H&R springs, larger rims and tires compared to the stock? I made the mistake of getting the dealer optional tire & rim protection package (just incase the wifey curbed them).... So I WAS going to just wait until I needed new tires to swap them out but after seeing your (@UNBROKEN) build and @mruff1975 I may throw them on sooner. I also think @Nbk4t5e is looking at the same set of Vossen Rims so I'm kinda waiting to see what his shoes look on his ride first....

Last edited:
Reactions
I did the H&Rs and am just barely out of specs in the rear.. It’s not a big deal to me but just wondered if people able to get closer and how they did it.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I'm trying to link up with someone local that's got the H&R spring setup to compare the ride quality between the two and get a side by side comparison pic. I'll probably end up throwing some Vossen HF-5's (22"/10.5/+30) on in the fall. How's your ST ride comfort with the H&R springs, larger rims and tires compared to the stock? I made the mistake of getting the dealer optional tire & rim package (just incase the wifey curbed them).... So I WAS going to just wait until I needed new tires to swap them out but after seeing your (@UNBROKEN) build and @mruff1975 I may throw them on sooner. I also think @Nbk4t5e is looking at the same set of Vossen Rims so I'm kinda waiting to see what his shoes look on his ride first....
I should have them in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Honestly the intent of my post wasn't to say Steeda is better than H&R or vice versa. I encourage everyone to do their own research and go w/ whichever option suits both their cosmetic and financial preferences.... At the end of the day both aftermarket lowering spring options provide a better ride quality than the stock springs.

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
I should have them in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, looking forward to seeing them..... (y)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm trying to link up with someone local that's got the H&R spring setup to compare the ride quality between the two and get a side by side comparison pic. I'll probably end up throwing some Vossen HF-5's (22"/10.5"/+30) on in the fall. How's your ST ride comfort with the H&R springs, larger rims and tires compared to the stock? I made the mistake of getting the dealer optional tire & rim protection package (just incase the wifey curbed them).... So I WAS going to just wait until I needed new tires to swap them out but after seeing your (@UNBROKEN) build and @mruff1975 I may throw them on sooner. I also think @Nbk4t5e is looking at the same set of Vossen Rims so I'm kinda waiting to see what his shoes look on his ride first....
I love the ride...a touch firmer than oem but not harsh at all. Did a 700+ mile road trip last weekend and not a single complaint. The wider track with the wheels and lower profile tires make it a blast around curves now...it stays planted and feels stable. You won’t be disappointed if you go with the 10.5’s.

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
I love the ride...a touch firmer than oem but not harsh at all. Did a 700+ mile road trip last weekend and not a single complaint. The wider track with the wheels and lower profile tires make it a blast around curves now...it stays planted and feels stable. You won’t be disappointed if you go with the 10.5’s.
That's what I was hoping to hear.... new rim's & tires are slowly becoming a priority for me. Glad you're enjoying your ST, the builds coming out nice man....

Reactions
I had my springs installed by the dealer last week. No issues here. Ride is great... like unbroken said ... it’s just a touch firmer then stock. I think when steeda releases the rear sway bar I will order that I find it a bit soft on high speed sweeping turns (160kms/100mph) lol

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I had my springs installed by the dealer last week. No issues here. Ride is great... like unbroken said ... it’s just a touch firmer then stock. I think when steeda releases the rear sway bar I will order that I find it a bit soft on high speed sweeping turns (160kms/100mph) lol
I’m hoping front and rear bars from them. Hell wigs are always one of my first mods on truck builds but they don’t have anything for these.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
GDubzFL, can you comment on how the Steeda springs ride compared to stock?

OP
GDubzFL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
GDubzFL, can you comment on how the Steeda springs ride compared to stock?
Apart from the functional drop for looks & stance (not too low) it's a lot more comfortable.The ride feels firm but not jarringly stiff and it notably handles better stabilizing, cornering & braking at high speeds. Zero complaints on my end. If you're trying to decide between Steeda vs H&R I'd say go with whichever drop you prefer. The H&R's lower the vehicle a extra inch. I posted a review on Steeda's website as well but thats the gist of it.... Hope its helpful!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
IMG_9675.JPG

Spent the day sliding around in the rain. As predicted by others, middle setting on the sway bar is best. Paired with Steeda springs, even in the softest setting, the truck immediately felt flatter going around any corner, body roll was essentially gone. Middle setting makes it behave very neutral. Hard setting is for if you like to track the truck. will oversteer READILY but doesn't feel like its going to spin you around. backed off back to middle because 99% of the time i want traction control and AWD to save my butt and not depend on my own driving skills.

Add this to the list of must-haves ya'll, its a good one.