Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST vs. Platinum Engine

Reactions
Does anyone know if the 2020 ST and Platinum engines the same, just tuned differently to achieve the different hp and torque ratings?

PanamaJack

Reactions
I believe that is correct, they are the same engine tuned differently.

OP
thereynolds
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. Kind of makes me wonder why they wouldn't just give both the 400hp tuning. I mean, I get that the suspension and other things are also tuned differently.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
I’m wondering what others have done here; what’s an easy tune that can be done to bring the 2020 Platinum engine closer to the ST power specs?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m wondering what others have done here; what’s an easy tune that can be done to bring the 2020 Platinum engine closer to the ST power specs?
The new Platinum's have 400 HP same as an ST.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes, I’m asking regarding 2020-21 Platinum engine
All the tunes will get you what the ST gains from them. If you want to play it safe, get the Ford Performance Tune. I'm sure you can get a custom tune and request the stock level calibration for an ST but that's kind of a waste.