Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST - Storm Trooper Build

F=MA

Reactions
How's the wide body kit thing going??

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
To my knowledge, the one that is out there was kind of a bust after the folks that bought it realized they couldn't get the wheels flush with the kit without serious inner fender trimming. That is going to be an issue for any kit. As folks have noticed, protrusion further outboard from stock somewhere between 1.25" and 1.5" will rub the rear inner fender felt of the front wheel wells. It just so happens that is the same measurement that makes the outer tires sit just past flush on the stock fenders and so most folks end up just doing that with spacers or custom offset wheels.

A rear only widebody would obviously be a different story and I could definitely see this truck with some wider hips for sure.

F=MA

Reactions
Glad I passed on that. The chin spoiler looks ok. Thanks for the info !

Tony Z

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are on the same page for a front tow hook.
My concern is about the mount being strong enough to at least pull one or someone else from a snow drift (as well as a tie down), here in Michigan.
Were you able to find a strong mount?
It seems like a block with threads for the hook could be bolted to the frame at the same location as the Timberline hooks.
I did contact ZL1 Addons Inc. in Poway, CA. who makes a similar product for other Ford models and Corvettes etc.
They asked if I knew someone who lived close enough to come by for them to measure, too far for me though.
Cheers, Ton

Explorer ST Posts