Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST stalls when out into reverse

STWINTURBO

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hello, new to this great thread! We purchased our 2021 FE ST back in December. Just yesterday, 07/06/2022 the SUV stalled when put into reverse. It accelerates then kicks it into reverse sending into a stall after a quick 1-2 delay. Have it scheduled to come into the shop tomorrow. From what I read it can possibly be the transmission.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Mine does not accelerate but when I put it in reverse it sits for 2-3 seconds and then backs up. if I take my foot off brake to soon it will roll forward and slam into reverse.
Did you add aftermarket CAI or down tubes anything like that? im def no expert but maybe a loose vacuum line? I had something similar with a different car and dealer fixed it saying it was a vacuum line.

OP
S

STWINTURBO

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
No upgrades whatsoever and you broke it down better then I. Taking it to the shop today.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
No upgrades whatsoever and you broke it down better then I. Taking it to the shop today.
good luck hopefully they fix it fast.
please post up what it was after you get it back.