Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST hitch/receiver cover wanted

Dantheman

Reactions
any help?

thanks..

Reactions
Not much of a find considering there is a few page thread about the cover where the guy was asking for opinions during development. As soon as the price was made available the thread went cold and I have yet to see a post where someone dropped the cash for one.

Reactions
Not much of a find considering there is a few page thread about the cover where the guy was asking for opinions during development. As soon as the price was made available the thread went cold and I have yet to see a post where someone dropped the cash for one.
I like it just can’t justify dropping that much cash for that.

Reactions
There are actually two guys, at least, that splurged. Unbroken and Storm Trooper Build both have pics of it installed. Probably more on the FB groups. But you are right about the price, I priced a glossy black to match the trim inserted into the bumper on either side - $406.00. It does make a nice look but there are a lot of other things I think I would want to spend my money on at this time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I like it just can’t justify dropping that much cash for that.
Ditto. They look nice but I’ve got other things to purchase with that money. However, kudos to Unbroken and Storm Trooper Build for splurging. Gives me something to aspire to at some point.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I bought the Zeus piece as well and love it.

Reactions
I bought the Zeus piece as well and love it.
I just bought it as well. I figured after everything I spent on my headlights, this was nothing, lol. I'm doing a little "body work" to it to try and make it as smooth as possible to more closely match the gloss black trim.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I just bought it as well. I figured after everything I spent on my headlights, this was nothing, lol. I'm doing a little "body work" to it to try and make it as smooth as possible to more closely match the gloss black trim.
Just got mine and I am thinking of doing the same. A good sanding, some adhesion promoter, and a filler epoxy prime should allow sanding smooth.

Reactions
Just got mine and I am thinking of doing the same. A good sanding, some adhesion promoter, and a filler epoxy prime should allow sanding smooth.
Mine had a big "dimple" on the exposed side where the square is for the receiver so I had to fill that in. Then when I sanded and primed and sanded again, I realized how uneven it was.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine had a big "dimple" on the exposed side where the square is for the receiver so I had to fill that in. Then when I sanded and primed and sanded again, I realized how uneven it was.
I just checked mine out closely. I ordered textured but not sure I like it. Fortunately there are no imperfections that I can see. So if I want smooth it should just take some sanding and maybe one coat of filler. Wish I knew what color the other smooth plastic is. Would be nice to get it close if I go smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I just checked mine out closely. I ordered textured but not sure I like it. Fortunately there are no imperfections that I can see. So if I want smooth it should just take some sanding and maybe one coat of filler. Wish I knew what color the other smooth plastic is. Would be nice to get it close if I go smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should just be able to sand it smooth and use a little filler, like a lot of people have done with their trim when they do the paint match thing. I'm just going to paint it with a gloss black paint, then polish it and hope for the best. It should look pretty close, I hope :)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine came from them nice and smooth already…no extra work was needed. 47C77AC9-DE45-48B2-B8BA-AF521BBECD77.jpeg

Explorer ST Posts