Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Gremlins...

webibeay

Reactions
Hi Folks -

I am the proud owner of the 2020 Atlas Blue ST that I bought new in October of last year. Since my job has had me permanently working from home (with no plans to go back to the office) unfortunately, I don't get to drive it all that often (I only have 1,050 miles on it), but I just absolutely love it!!! We end up taking the wife's Bronco Sport 99% of the time just out of convenience since it's the driveway.

I've started having really odd electrical gremlins creeping up... first was the intermittent backup camera (error message that reverse sensing isn't available and blue screen) which simply goes away by turning off/on the truck. Today I used it to go to the store, and upon coming back out the trunk wouldn't open and the front power windows wouldn't work (although the rears did). I turned off/on the truck a few times and it didn't clear it. Brought it home, turned it off, locked it, then unlocked it... and everything works just fine now.

Thoughts? I feel like if I call the dealer they're going to think I'm nuts. I did take it in last year for a small AC issue and the dealer told me that I'm voiding my warranty by not driving it more often (Basically causing the issues myself)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated if there's something I can do to fix this stuff without having to deal with the hassle/being without a car since no-dealers around me offer rentals anymore.

Thanks in advance -

Reactions
Hi Folks -

I did take it in last year for a small AC issue and the dealer told me that I'm voiding my warranty by not driving it more often (Basically causing the issues myself)

Thanks in advance -
I have owned at least 25 brand new vehicles since 2001 and that has to be the silliest thing any dealer has ever said! I would find someone else to talk to or a different dealer. If you have a 36,000 mile warranty, it doesn’t matter if you drive 1 mile or 35,999 miles, if all maintenance has been completed satisfactory, you will be covered. I would have definitely told that dealer that they were idiots. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
I have owned at least 25 brand new vehicles since 2001 and that has to be the silliest thing any dealer has ever said! I would find someone else to talk to or a different dealer. If you have a 36,000 mile warranty, it doesn’t matter if you drive 1 mile or 35,999 miles, if all maintenance has been completed satisfactory, you will be covered. I would have definitely told that dealer that they were idiots. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We had a GMC Terrain back in 2010. My wife took it in to the dealership one morning because she rolled the window down and it froze open. She left it there for awhile so they could park it inside and let it thaw.

When she picked it up, the service manager told her the reason it wouldn't roll up is because the battery was low due to the alternator being undersized.... and she doesn't drive it far enough on her commute to work to keep the battery charged. Never mind the fact that she had driven it for 3 hours just prior to this.

His suggestion was to plug it into a battery tender daily......

To the OP: The blue camera thing is a common issue requiring replacement of the camera. The rest sounds like it may be resolved by some dealer installed reset/updates of the control modules.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Reactions
Hi Folks -

I am the proud owner of the 2020 Atlas Blue ST that I bought new in October of last year. Since my job has had me permanently working from home (with no plans to go back to the office) unfortunately, I don't get to drive it all that often (I only have 1,050 miles on it), but I just absolutely love it!!! We end up taking the wife's Bronco Sport 99% of the time just out of convenience since it's the driveway.

I've started having really odd electrical gremlins creeping up... first was the intermittent backup camera (error message that reverse sensing isn't available and blue screen) which simply goes away by turning off/on the truck. Today I used it to go to the store, and upon coming back out the trunk wouldn't open and the front power windows wouldn't work (although the rears did). I turned off/on the truck a few times and it didn't clear it. Brought it home, turned it off, locked it, then unlocked it... and everything works just fine now.

Thoughts? I feel like if I call the dealer they're going to think I'm nuts. I did take it in last year for a small AC issue and the dealer told me that I'm voiding my warranty by not driving it more often (Basically causing the issues myself)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated if there's something I can do to fix this stuff without having to deal with the hassle/being without a car since no-dealers around me offer rentals anymore.

Thanks in advance -
I had the same issue with the back up camera. Took it the dealer and they replaced the backup camera.

I experienced the same issue with the driver side window. Mine would not roll down. Had to turn the car off, open the door lock it and turn it back on. Have not had any issues since.

Right now I’m having issues with the wireless charging pad. I get an error message saying that wireless charging is unavailable due to an object between my phone and the wireless charging pad. Took it to the dealer and they stayed that the iPhone 12 is not compatible due to a chip or something. Can’t remember the exact terms they used but I can take. A pic and load it up on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
My reverse camera is also acting up. Sometimes I get a blue screen and a chime when reversing. It just randomly happens.

hbalek

Reactions
My reverse camera is also acting up. Sometimes I get a blue screen and a chime when reversing. It just randomly happens.
It happened twice yesterday and not a single time today and I drove over 100 miles with several stops. So random!